“Peaceful and Relaxing”

Xeliter Caleton Villas Cap Cana
Ranked #91 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We just returned from our trip and it was great. I was traveling with my husband, our two children (ages 2 & 4) and my parents. The villas are very well appointed and the bedrooms are spacious. The living room, dining area and kitchen are open which allows for a great breeze. Since the kitchen is open to the elements the cabinets are a little worn. But everything was Clean. No mold in the bathroom and the pool was cleaned every morning. The pool and hot tub were a great size, no need to go to the main pool or the kids pool located behind the main building in front of the beach. The beach was nice as well. Soft sand, no seaweed, small waves. Great for the kids. Very private. Enough chairs, hammocks and beds for all. One could easily walk to the beach but since we have kids we always used our carts and parked them by the Palapa restaurant. (had good grouper at restaurant.) Massages by the beach were good and the sound of the surf was blissful. Our butler, Sandy, was great. He prepared breakfast and lunch and even brownies for the the kids. Sometimes we were so full from our late lunch that we didnt go out to dinner. He prepared everything from steak, fish, shrimp to lobster. My 4 year old now loves red snapper. Keep in mind that you must pay for the groceries in cash. We rented an additional golf cart and made a couple of trips to the marina. The marina is nice and tranquil. It has a small market, restaurants, gelato shop and some retail stores. All in all it was a nice getaway. Where I got to relax and do nothing. They even did the laundry so I returned with clean clothes
that made unpacking a breeze. FYI they give you complementary bug spray but it contains deet, I brought an all natural
spray that worked just fine. I will
definitely return and recommend to all.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank ReservationsForFour

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Three co-workers and I decided to splurge on our annual golf junket. We booked a three bedroom, golf course view villa at the Caleton section of Cap Cana. Basically, the villas are open-air living areas with enclosed and air-conditioned bedrooms. They are more than spacious and always had a comfortable breeze. Ours had its own hot tub and pool. It was surreal to return to the villa after dinner to find a flat screen tuned to the NCAA playoffs and to sit in the open air living room with a cold drink in hand, a breeze blowing through and one friend smoking a cigar without stinking up the joint. We were in heaven.
Anyway, you get a "butler" with the rental. Ours was named Sandy and he was great. Within the first hour he found out what we wanted for breakfast and lunch and went shopping for the groceries. Each morning he cooked an amazing breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs and bacon which was served in the open air dining room. The fridge was stocked with water, soda, juice, beer and they even drained a few coconuts of their water so I could mix it with rum. Yes, top-shelf liquor was also in stock.
The outdoor areas had outdoorish furniture under the thatch roofs. The large, unique layout had the three enclosed bedrooms at opposite ends of the villa so each was very private. They all had TV's, radios, high end furnishings, excellent AC, walk-in closets and awesome bathrooms. My bathroom (in the master bedroom) was as big as an entire hotel room with a jacuzzi, open shower, marble sinks, etc.
We were there in late March and it was pretty empty. They give you a golf cart to get around in but the beach was less than 100 yards away. It was such a beautiful beach with very fine, pinkish sand and lots of palms providing shade. Service at the beach was also quite good with food and drink at the ready. The clubhouse of the Punta Espada golf club was two holes away. I travel and golf a lot. This is my hands-down favorite golf course. (See review)
This place is a little expensive. It was totally worth it. I hope it does better and more people come and keep this a viable property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chillmann
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am in a fight with the hotel. We booked this room early January. I have contected the hotel to confirm the dates (Remember I have the confirmation from January). Here is an exact copy of the hotel response:

Good morning Mr. Eric,

As confirmed we have your reservation with us, but the days you booked
are not available
we just have availability:
From March 1st to March 31st and From April 10th to April 30th.

we need you plese let us know what date is better for you because we do
not have availability
for April 4-9th, those days were confirmed by mistake.

Sorry for the inconvenient and i look forward to your response.

Best Regards!

Nairobi Rivera.
reservations department.

NICE! I have air reservations......everything. What a mess!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank EricArb
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This Hotel have the best spot in the Dominican Republic, if you want to be close to the beach, hear you will be ontop of the beach, the water is cristal clear and the sand is very nice. something curious, the sand never gets hot! We where in bungalow N° 1, is the "smallest", but the terraces and the private beach of this boungalow makes a big difference.
The employees of the Hotel where very nice and the restaurant ameizing, the restaurant to have the best location and one of the best meals in DR, the wine list is quite extensive for a restaurant i the beach.
i already book to come back on november next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank aweibel
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I traveled with my wife to Dominican Republic and stayed at the Club Caleton in Capcana Resorts. This was the best decision ever to book in this place. We stayed in bungalow #2 that has a private beach, an impressive construction and location. The club pool is beautiful and the restaurant at the shore is the best restaurant, by far, in Punta Cana. Bathroom is oversize, and the terrace is fantastic 180°C view over the sea. If you want to have the most relaxing and wonderful vacations do not hesitate to book in this hotel.
My wife and I are already planning to come back with the entire family and take at least 2 or 3 bungalows together.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Hans23011963
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Having been to the Dominican Republic many times, this is the first time in which I stayed at the newly open Caleton Bungalows. I must say that these are the most spacious, beautiful and exquisite bungalows I have ever been to. The ceiling of the rooms is high, which gives it a "palace" atmosphere and leaves the air conditioning to circulate freely. I stayed at Bungalow number 4, one of the best which resides right on top of the beach.

From the room, my girlfriend and I had direct access to the Caleton Beach, although being in the Bungalow part of the beach it seems one were to be alone. I must say the architecture and furbishing of these bungalows is incredible. Never have I seen such spacious bathrooms with a "waterfall" shower, a big bath and a private sauna! It is as if one would never have to leave the room!

Being in front of the beach has allowed me to enjoy the beautiful sight of the sea ievery morning and have direct access to the Jack Nicklaus golf course right behind my room! I have never seen such excellent quality-price service and room value. I would recommend this hotel to any tourist who frequently fly to the DR. I must say that I will be returning to this piece of heaven very soon! So far best hotel I have been to in the Caribbean area, 100%sure!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank alma89
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The Villas and the bungalows are very unique, I prefer to stay at the bungalows because they have direct acces to the beach, there are 5 bungalows all of them are spectacular, I never see a room like that in any Hotel in the Caribean, the service is a litlle bit slow but professional,they told me that the just change the management and Is now manged by a new Hotel Company, Eden Roc by Solaya group, this people they are managing the restaurant in the beach, La Palapa, incredible food, the best in Dominican Republic.
In few words, best Rooms, best location, best beach and best restaurant.
I will come back.