I just returned from this resort with my boyfriend last weekend. I really don't understand why people complain so much. Its a great place to stay and we found it really enjoyable. First off, we recommend upgrading to golden. Its worth the extra 50 bucks. Your room will be located closest to the beach (our room was villa 1 which means 2 steps to the pool, 5 steps to the beach, and 10 to breakfast and lunch buffet). The rooms are cleaned daily. It might not be early in the morning like expected (it took our maid til about 4pm to even touch our room, but with such a large resort its understandable). Golden members also have access to free room service 24hrs a day (so for ppl that complain they don't have food late at night, maybe u should have upgraded for a minimal cost?) the food on the menu is limited but you can definietly find something to satisfy your hunger. And if you clearly say your room number and what you want you will get your food and its always warm. You also get access to 4 al a cartes. I would recommend the italian and japanese definitely the best we went to. Japanese is really cool even if u don't like it (i'm not a huge fan) its very entertaining. Yes, the resort is large but if u take half of the first day to familarize yourself with the grounds, you'll be fine (its not that complicated like people say). You do have to take mini'buses to get around but they come literally every 2 mins. The walk from the beach (or our room) to the lobby is only about 10 mins *its not that long like poeple say and at night its nice to take a slow walk and enjoy the fresh warm air. The shows are entertaining and the night life is fun. The beach was crowded but honestly just look around, we always found 2 chairs to lay on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, BP Travel USA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe