I booked my holiday on the 10/11th Dec when I arrived I was told it was on the 5th so I had to get married before my mother and grandparents arived on the 8th which was very upsetting. I received no wedding breakfast and no cd with my photos on.
The worse part was half of my wedding guests were ill with e-coli food poisioning and we were passing blood when going to the toilet. I noticed when we were there they said there was a transport strike and some of the restaurants were shut, but I had seen health & safety there the day before and if they were shut due to staff shortage why were they being steam cleaned??? When my father returned he was rushed into hospital with complete kideny failure due to a strain of e-coli that attacks the kidneys and he almost died. This is not how a dream wedding should be.
This is now in the hands of a solicitor who expects us to get a full refund for all 28 of my guests plus compensation for emotional distress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe