We just returned for an awesome vacation to this resort. First I would like to clear up something that we found a little confusing when booking this trip. The resort is in Punta Cana but an area of the resort is also referred to as Punta Cana. This is in the middle of the resort and was perfect location for us. A pool with swim up bar was located right outside our room and it was only a very short walk to the lobby. The beach was about 5 minutes to walk to but the trams also run constantly if you prefer to ride. After all the drinking and eating everyone could use a little exercise anyways. We walked to Pueblo Principe each night, which is like a small town square within the resort. There are shops, street vendors, a casino, a sports bar and usually the house band is playing music.
There always seems to be entertainment going on each evening. The lobby had live music and a really great boogie night-music of 70 and 80's once a week. There are stag shows in the open air theatre and karaoke some nights in the sports bar.
In the Punta Cana section all rooms are Junior Suite and very lovely. Beautiful canopy beds, sitting areas and the best showers ever!!! Lots of hot water and a jacuzzi tub if you want to soak.
We went to the Japanese a la carte and it was wonderful, with lots of food. The rest of the trip we eat at the buffet or the snack bar at the beach. No complaints on any of the food. The resort also takes many precautions to avoid sickness at the resort. There is bottled water in the rooms, and everyone entering an eating area must first wash their hands with sanitizer. I thought this was a great idea!!
The beach is beautiful with white sand and blue water. There are very few vendors around and they are very pleasant if you just say no thanks.
All the staff was wonderful but we would like to really thank Jonny and Alberto at the swim up bar and Yovanny in the lobby for taking such good care of all of us. They really went the extra mile and will forever be a part of our vacation memories.
We would also like to thank Micheal and Steph from the UK with helping my Mom at the poolside.
This was a great vacation and I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone!!!!! Well done staff at Grand Bahia Principe!!!!
The one suggestion I would give is to make sure and bring water shoes or slip resistant footwear to the pool areas. The bathroom floors are marble and although they look beautiful they are slippery when they get wet. The staff try hard to keep the floors mopped but with that many people coming and going from the pool it is a never ending job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe