We stayed at this resort from 3/27 to 4/5/14 staying in building 38 which is as far from the beach as you can get. It is 1/2 mile!! They have shuttles that run constantly which make up for the distance.
First the good.
Grounds are beautiful
Beach is beautiful
Pools are very nice, clean and warm.
Food is pretty good at the buffet.
Maid service was good
Service in the buffet was terrible. It is almost impossible to get a cup of coffee in the morning. We had to ask at least twice each day. Sometime 3 or 4 times and a few time it never showed up. Same for getting as beer or sprite or a refill on wine at dinner time. There is a definite lack of training and or supervision of the servers at the buffet. I would suggest making the grounds general manager the manager of the buffet also.
Find a chair or lounger at the pools or beach is impossible unless you get up at 6 or 7 in the morning and reserve it.
Calling to request something or to report a problem is a waste of time. We called to get some ice (which there isn't ice machines in the building) with a no show. Same with getting an umbrella.
Once we got home, we found a charge for $143 US on our charge card. I am disputing this charge because I don't have a clue what it is for. Not good
Language barrier. Very few of the staff speak English. So bad that the server in the Mexican restaurant couldn't understand Margarita. I thought that was a Spanish word. Really!!!! We go to Mexico quite often and never have a problem with the language.
Not family friendly. Spring breakers being drunk and flashing their breast is an example and couple dropping the F-bomb constantly with a 13 year old within ear shot.
The Airport is a disaster- no fault of the resort...
All in all I would not return to this resort. We have been to Punta Cana 3 times and this is the third best/worst. With Inberostar being the best and Majestic Elegance coming in a close second. When we booked this trip the resort was ranked 26th of 101, now it is listed 40th. There are issues that need to be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe