We stayed at the Royal Golden in March 2014. We had a wonderful time! The resort is huge but people are well dispersed. The property, pools, restaurants and public washrooms were clean. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially Leidy at the reception of the Royal Golden, Felix at the Buffet, Miguel at the waterpark and Wilson at the middle pool! My kids (3 and 5) REALLY enjoyed the waterpark and so did we because it is a quiet space to hang out and watch the kids play.
The food was REALLY good, lots of variety, nice presentation, etc. We ate at 4 restaurants and enjoyed it especially the Mexican and Mediterranean ones. We wanted to try the Japenese and Garden Grill but they were full for the week (even though we made our reservations on the 2nd day)... The room was nice but the cleaning staff seemed to cut the corners round a bit (the patio door was left unlocked once... could be problematic when you are at ground floor, the fridge was not always refiled and the floor was a bit dirty even though they seemed to have cleaned it). However, in order to get our fridge refiled, it was just a matter of going outside our room and ask any cleaning staff to get was we needed and they were always helpful.
I was often hard to get a chair at the beach or at the pool but this is because some people will kind of reserve them by putting their towel on them even though they are not in that area. What we did is that we used those chairs and if people would come and say that it is "their" chair , we would let them have it back. This only happened once during our whole time there! This is not only a Grand Bahia Principe issue but more a common practice of the visitors in resorts in general.
In conclusion, we really enjoyed our stay at the Grand Bahia Principe and would return with no hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe