My Brother booked this family holiday in July 2013 as a break for 8 adults. On arrival on 11th February we checked in only to find that the "low floor/twin room" which had been requested, (specifically for my "walking" disabled niece and myself), was in fact a king size bed on the second floor! After consultation with reception, we were advised that no room was available and would have to stay there until room was available elsewhere. This meant living from our suitcases for two days before transfer to another villa. Unfortunately this was some distance from other members of our family. Sadly this was only the beginning of our misfortune. We had to contact our Rep. and reception on many occasions for problems within our allocated rooms. After a couple of days we had a leak from the bathroom above ours into our bathroom, along the side of the bath and across the floor - not good for anyone walking into the room! Having reported this it took 3 visits, several attempts to discover the source, including the removal of the ceiling panels! but this was still evident when we left on 25th February! The socket in the room was only just hanging on to the wall and our patio door had to be fixed as it could not be locked (having been warned about security!). The spotlight in the ceiling became dislodged from the ceiling in the bathroom (due to excessive water?) and was left hanging for 3 days after we reported it to reception! Only then after several reminders! From the beginning we had an invasion of mosquitoes every time we opened a wardrobe door, and when eventually we became totally miserable with being bitten, we requested to have the room sprayed. During the first week the Hotel welcomed 500 Campus Students on a Spring break who completely took over the resort - including both pools and all bars in the vicinity! The noise was encouraged by entertainment team members around one pool area which could be heard from a great distance. Many guests were woken by noisy, disruptive students returning to rooms in the small hours. Finally, memo to holiday Company - review your brochure description as it does not mention that access is available by walkways to all the sister hotels making this a massive development! The only "Grand" adjective applicable here was the size of the hotel area! A holiday never to be repeated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe