My partner and I stayed here the first two weeks of November and it was pretty much perfect apart from a few seasonal downpours in our first couple of days! The hotel grounds were beautifully kept and the gardeners always said hello to us! Super friendly staff in the bars too, always keen to make you what you want if its not on the cocktail list.
Room - We were upgraded to the Club Royal Golden which was in a perfect location to get around the resort - there was a shuttle bus (for the lazy people!) but the place isnt really that big so you can still walk around everywhere. The maids were friendly and if you tip you will get extra beer for the minibar everyday!!
Food - Buffet always had something for everyone, breakfast was probably the best meal of the day. The pool by the beach did Paella one day which was delicious and they even had a band which was fun! We were disappointed by the Mexican restaurant despite the delicious nachos and guacamole. To be honest the food in the other a-la-carte restaurants wasn't great, they could do with being a bit more traditional to the specific cuisine. The Meditteranean was probably the best meal, followed by the italian.
Excursions - As I have read on a few reviews, I wouldnt book via the reps at the hotel. They walk around the pool alot and offer you trips but if you just say a polite no they will leave you alone and not nag at all. We booked via First Choice and booked ours before we left the UK. I can HIGHLY recommend the MARINARIUM trip - great staff, unlimited drinks and a great snorkelling experience especially if you're not that experienced. We got out of the boat and had drinks in the Caribbean sea (waist deep water) which was amazing, so so warm and a great atmosphere. Definitely book this if you can but make sure you eat before as you only get a small sandwich - we didnt expect anything as it is only a half day excursion.
All in all a fabulous holiday - Thanks everyone!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe