This was a great trip!
My boyfriend and I have been to the Bahia in Mexico in 2007 and love it but we also have been to the Dominican and loved Bavaro Beach, so we decided to go to the Bahia in Dominican.
Here's what we thought about the Dominican Location=
The a la cartes were tasty! I even had an amazing steak with veggies and potatoe!!!... and all the buffets had amazing presentation, tasty food and a huge variety even for picky/vegetarians. I couldn't get over the watermelon sculptures the employees had made, hey were beautiful. The service was always friendly and they were quick on getting refills etc even at the buffets so we could eat and get back to the beach.
**I just didn't like that the snack bar at night only had burgers, hot dogs and nachos every night. We got sick of it.
The rooms were clean and huge. Some days the air conditioner wasn't as cold as we'd like it and the first couple of days it was like the air conditioning wasn't working...but it kicked in and all was good.
The people were always nice and fast even the front desk at check in. A special thank you to Karen who gave us a room upgrade closer to the beach! We were last to be checked in, not that we minded, but she gave us a better room location which was awesome!
The resort was huge! We didn't even get to explore the whole grounds. 1 week wasn't long enough lol but we love resorts like that, gives you lots to do!
***My only issue is that the resort taxis that get you around this huge resort take forever! One cant leave until another one shows up. We had to walk 5 or 6 times from our room to the lobby where the shows and buffet are held which takes like 10 mins and I have asthma...in that heat, is not cool. In the 10 minutes we walked sometimes we could still see the cart hadn't even left yet and one time we missed breakfast cause the taxi took 20 min to even move.
The beach is BEAUTIFUL! and clean and there are plenty of chairs.
***But there were too many annoying people trying to sell you excursions etc. while you're trying to relax. THE WORSTTTTT was the booths set up by the sports bar/casino. Those guys were aggressive and borderline rude which is sad cause it took away from our experience at the resort. They have the exact same stuff as the shops do, they shouldn't be hounding you!
The entertainment was hilarious and the bar was good too. It played good music that you could dance to and the bartenders we fast and not stingy on the alcohol lol
All and all, besides the resort taxis and the aggressive sales people this trip was absolutely what we were looking for!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe