My husband and I were really impressed with the food. We didn't get a chance to try the sit down restaurants because when we got there, there were only two available for reservations. All of the others were booked solid. I thought this wasn't right since we tried to make the reservations right when we got there. Anyway, the buffet was delicious. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Everything was fresh, there was such a huge variety of food you cant possibly try everything offered. Each night had a different theme e.g. Chinese, American, Dominican Republic, etc. As for the cocktails, this place did not dilute their alcohol, like some people say about all-inclusives. We aren't lightweights either, the drinks were really good. The bartenders will make you anything you want. they have a full bar. As for the room, the a/c never could keep the room cold. I don't like the room that cold anyway, so this shouldn't have been an issue, but it was. The mattresses were not comfy at all, kinda saggy. The bead spread was old and gross. The "mini bar" had two cans of beer and assorted sodas. The fridge wasn't very cold either. We did get a liter bottle of water every day for free so that was good. The lighting in the room was very dim, even with all of the lights on. On a side note, when you go for your shuttle to the hotel, if you get one thru cheap carribbean.com, do not accept any offers for a "free" party and tour of a new hotel off site. This is a scam for a time share. They want you to leave them a $35 deposit that you will get back as long as you go to the time share presentation. We were stupid enough to think this was going to be a fun"party" but later we realized we were duped. We did get our money back eventually and the salesman was pissed because we already own a time share and weren't interested in getting another one. The beach was perfect, there were plenty of lounge chairs. They have a bar right on the beach so getting free drinks wasn't that hard. They have people that rake the weeds from the sand so the beach is always clean. We might try another all-inclusive again, but we still enjoy cruises more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe