Yes it is a big resort...and yes, there are a lot of people staying there and did get very busy...........BUT the resort is beautiful, the grounds are immaculate, the pools big and clean, the beach is a little crowded but great, the sea a beautiful turquoise and deliciously warm. Getting around the resort is easy as the trams run all over the place...so you may have to wait or bit or (shock horror) actually walk!! Man, there are a lot of lazy people on trip advisor :-) The rooms are adequate, comfortable enough, without being spectacular, but I didn't come here to sit in the room...the service, as someone said is hit and miss..... our room was cleaned well and the additional tips helped. The service in the a la carte restaurants was great and in the main buffet place it was decent. Some Spanish is a must and it helps greatly. Some of the employees seem a little unmotivated but as there are over 1,000 employees here, it is understandable a simple reality of life!!
Whoever complians about the food is just extremely fussy.......it was good and the Garden Grill and Pescador were very good......Mexican and the Japanese were good too and the buffet has everything. How anyone can complain about the food is beyond me.......the beach snack bars were great too for a quick lunch time snack. The trips we had outside of the hotel were both good, especially the half day trip to swim with the sharks and stingrays.......Kids club entertained the kids and the water park, although for smaller kids, was cool!! Overall a great trip, I would recommend the resort.........wouldn't return simply becos I like to go to new places (maybe Ssamana or la Romana next)! Great deal, great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe