The hotel and the people were so nice and dedicated to their work and crafts. If you can speak some Spanish you will have no problem here. Most employees speak some English. The food was excellent but is cooked differently than we are used to in the U.S. the Buffets run most of the day and night so being fed is not a problem.
You only get three dinners per family per stay any dinner after that will be extra charge. Make sure you make dinner reservations the day you arrive. The lines are sometimes long to make reservations but worth the wait. Take a lot of one dollar bills. Tipping is a must if you want some extras or some help but always tip first and not after. I never exchanged any currency. Most places you go to take u.s. dollars. The rooms were nice although we were not in them much but the floors are all marble so watch your step. You have to make reservations for any activity the day before you want to do it. There are many free water activities but if you have not done them before there are lessons to do for an extra charge. Don't get caught in any promotions or sales there, they don't take no for an answer and want you to spend thousands of dollars.
Try to treat yourself to the Bahia spa, it is a wonderful experience. Take lots of sunscreen. It is 24.00 u.s. for one bottle. We booked two excursions through the hotel. We had a great experience for sure. The snuba, speed boat tour is just wonderful. The dolphin tour is also. We heard the zip line is also very nice. The pools are very nice. The beach is fantastic. Lounge chairs are abundant at both places but try to get out early and put a towel on your chair to keep it or just be patient and one or two will become free. No rooms sit on the ocean and some are a hike to the beach, but trolleys run day and night. We never had a problem getting a trolley.
Night life is abundant and there is also a kids room that you can leave them in and feel safe with them being there.
Overall the Bahia Principe is a great place to stay for the cost. It is well ran, well kept, you feel safe there and full of things to do for all ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BP Travel USA, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe