this isn't my first time staying at bahia Principe Punta cana. I was their in 2007 2008 and most recently 2013. not much has changed and so with this being said I will continue my review.
first I must thank Luis ortiz and Edward from the golden royal Punta cana check in office. they made my stay much happier this time then the last two times. I always had a blast at bahia Principe so decided to go with my family of 6 in two rooms,side by side near the beach but not to noisy. so for this I recommend 5102-5103 right next to the train near esmeralda bahia Principe.
golden royal package features 24/7 room service, Jacuzzi in room, mini fridge stocked daily, welcome bath rope,slipper,umbrella,etc. (don't respond to the luxury privilege mail left under your door a day or two after you arrive, its only to up sale you a timeshare for $10,000 us dollars,and they will entice you with free spa treatment or helicopter tour,or whatever they think you will enjoy. (tip) I would get approached daily and I simply say no gracias amigo, we already did it and got our free spa package,but thanks again. and they knew not to ask us again,of course theirs more then 20 of these people on the resort so you will have to say it more then once.lol.
the maid at our rooms was fantastic. people I recommend not to be cheap. yea you pay for an all inclusive resort but I recommend tipping $1 each for drinks,servers at the buffet that bring coffee,drinks,water,etc. since we were a group of 6 I made sure to give $2-3 to the server each morning. also when I was a the egg omelette station and I wanted a 5 egg custom omelette I would tip as well. the maid,works hard and will gladly give you all necessary items,just tip,and smile and say thank you. I personally gave $7 us each day for both rooms. she was a doll.
I booked my roundtrip airport to hotel/hotel to airport(puj) via COCOTOURS! I got in contact with Steve from cocotoursmwhich responds super fast to emails,and paid via pay pal(credit card).,$125 for 4 adults and 2 kids in private bus ,full air conditioner ice cold,black tinted windows, airport meet up was excellent,and the whole experience was a blast! I highly recommend you book private via coco tours. the benefits are these! please consider them.
first you will get to your hotel first then the 50+ people who came on other planes and arrived at the same time you did into the airport. this will allow for you to check in faster,and overpass all the Disney world lines.this literally happened to us. we arrived,checked in in a private office reserved for GOLDEN ROYAL club members. once we left the office two huge charter busses arrived and flooded the lobby and GR office.it was insane!!!!!!! Eddie or eddy from coco tours my representative at bahia Principe Punta cana was laid back and very cool,,he didn't push any excursions on us. he did give us brochures to check it out. we didn't opt to leave the resort because of the two little ones.but I did give eddy a $10 tip for all his help,which he gladly appreciated. (((before buying excursions from any other supplier in the resort speak with eddy. he has plenty to offer and his prices were cheaper then most and all are legit tours!!!!!!!
the rooms are great,haven't changed in the three times I've stayed at bahia.
the food is delicious and their is something for everybody. literally. (please don't listen to people who travel once every 5 years and dare give a bad review on any property that has more positive reviews then negative) we personally had reserved 4 a la carte for the week stay we were here,but didn't need to go to all since the buffet was our favorite choice.
the ala carte we did attend was the garden grill,and we taste the 5 meat dish .delicious!
the pools are fantastic,some lose mini tiles at the bottom of the pool so be careful. I did see 2 injuries but because the kids were running on wet pool area.
the beach was gorgeous and cleaned daily.
*********I know the management at bahia will love my report,but I do this for the customers***now for the things I think should be added at the resort*********please do your best!!!!! what is paradise without a area near the beach or their beautiful gardens with a HAMMOCK section. I even went out and got myself a hammock at the bahia village shops for $55 and was told I couldn't hang it on the beach. this disappointed me and got back to the shop to exchange it for a bottle of old Parr scotch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe