Stayed at the GBP Punta Cana the middle of May, and enjoyed every minute of our vacation. The resort as many others have mentioned is HUGE! Trolley service is never an issue, however we walked nearly everywhere that we went without any problems. We stayed in the Club Golden section which is located a bit closer to the beach. We were in Villa 10 which is at the very back of the Golden section. Initially we were a bit disappointed but realized our room backed up to a beautiful tropical jungle like area. There were lots of birds to see, including Parrots that were beautiful. We also found that since we were in the middle of the resort, walking to everything was nearly the same distance. It was convenient to walk to the buffet in the morning, then walk back, stop at the room, and go to the beach. It was nice not to have to take everything with you to breakfast. The food overall at the buffet was pretty good. You will see a lot of the same things over and over though. We got to eat at the French Resturaunt and Japaneese. French was not great. I was wishing that we would have eaten at the buffet, and complimplated going there after we left. Japaneese was very good, but felt a bit rushed a times. The beach was amazing, and chairs were not impossible to find when we arrived generally around 10am. We did book a "2 1/2 Hour" Snorkeling excursion which we were excited about. In reality it turned into about 2 hours of riding in a boat, 15 minutes of snorkeling, and then they take you for about 15 minutes to an area for "swimming". Our group was upset and requested that we go back to snorkel but they refused. I definately would not recommend that excursion. The one dissapointment was lack of alcohol in the rooms. They only stocked 2 beers per day (Which I do not drink) and soda and water. I have previously stayed next door at the Riu Palace Las Americas with bottles of alcohol in each room. If I had to chose again I would stay at the Riu because it's more convenient to get to the buffet and other food and everything is more centrally located. Overall had a great vacation, and enjoyed every minute of our vacation in Punta Cana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe