“Not much to complain about here !!”

Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
Ranked #61 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Sydney, Canada
“Not much to complain about here !!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a wedding at this resort and initially was a little reserved about the reviews of the size of the resort and a lot of walking to get around . But , they are also the reasons why I really liked this place . It was nice to have a walk around the resort after eating the incredible spreads available in the restaurants . You never get tired of the beautifully laid out gardens all around . With over 7000 guests , we never found ourselves waiting in any line ups for anything . Great service ! This is the place for me in Punta Cana .

Room Tip: Knowing what I know now , I would try to stay in villa's closer to the beach . Although a longer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank canyadada
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed walking around our premises and never get tired of the beautifully laid out gardens. It is wonderful for all of us to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,442)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Norfolk
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed with hubby at this resort from 16th - 30th April 2013, in a Golden Club room (1105).

Overall this was a really wonderful holiday - the resort itself is immaculate but what makes it are the staff - every single person we came across had a smile, were friendly and helpful and we would definitely return to this resort if chosing the Dominican as a destination again.
We were so impressed with the resort that we have booked next year's holiday to a Grand Bahia resort in Mexico within a week of getting back to the UK - if the standards, quality and general experience are as top notch at this then we will be very happy. Thanks to the team at the GBP Punta Cana for a wonderful trip and great memories : )

Please read on for detailed review, based on our personal view and experience:
Overall package value:
Room:
We booked an upgrade to a Golden Club room and were pleased to find ourselves in villa 1 - closest to the beach - albeit a long walk to breakfast but helped to burn off the calories !
The room was spacious and the lady who cleaned during our stay kept it immaculate. Floor was mopped every day, bedding changed every day, fresh towels daily and extra towels in the evening complete with little box of truffles and card saying good night !
Being next to the beach and main pool meant there was noise from the entertainment team during the day, and constant stream of guests passing the block - next time we would ask for a room upstairs or on the other side of the block - but it was perfectly placed for the beach.
Bed was firm, which is our preference, so sleep quality was fine once our body clocks adjusted . . .

Food & drink:
Meals in the main buffet restaurant were all very good, breakfasts were very good ( I loved the fresh fruit, crepes, omlettes etc, plus bagels and a variety of toppings were a nice touch ) themed evenings every night - Italian, American, Mexican, Lobster, plus the usual array of choices and always something to tempt me.
I see reviews bemoaning a lack of choice - it's a MASSIVE buffet and obviously staples are going to be repeated - i'd love to know what these people expect to be offered that is NOT available and what they have at home, if it's better than this then they can adopt me !
Staff in the main buffet were excellent, got to know us over the 2 weeks, and made us feel welcome - especially the hostess at the entrance.
We also ate at some A la Cartes ( buffet starters - self-serve, order main from waiter and then self service dessert ):
Japanese was very good and we went twice - there is 1 on each side of the resort. Italian was also very good and had a lovely interior decor and atmposphere. Steakhouse was very nice, BBQ grill was good - be warned it is outside near the beach and if you don't protect yourself mozzies will eat you as you eat the food ! Mediteranean was ok too.

Regular "noddy" buses runing up and down the resort to ferry you from one end to the other and various stops along the way. Handy and regular, although we did try to walk up and down the length of the resort twice a day to keep active.
Beach is very nice, resort has a one kilometer stretch and yes. it does get busy and you do need to play the " towels at dawn" game to get your choice of shade but that is no different anywhere else and is made worse by those few ( you know who you are ) that bag spots at the beach AND at a pool and then don't turn up all day. Shame on you ! Nice to note there were dedicated disabled-access ( wooden boardwalk ) shades on the beach and 90% of guests respected the signs and kept them free for wheelchair /prosthetic users.
Beach area is constantly being cleaned and boardwalks swept, the staff work very hard keeping it up to standard. Be advised beach is NOT owned by the resort but is public and subject to salesmen selling everything you could want -a polite no thank you is all it takes for them to move on.
Didn't sit by any of the pools as we are beach-bums but main pool was busy, crowded and noisy wheras the other 2 main pools in the centre of the resort were not over-subscribed and would have been my preference if having a day away from the beach.
Several shops in each of the 2 lobby areas ( Punta Cana and Bavaro ), as well as the separate shopping / market area, sports bar and casino - situated away from the accomodation blocks to prevent disturbance.

Golden Club package:
The upgrade ( done in the UK ) was well worth the small charge and gave us: beach based room, 24 hour room service included, 4 a-la-carte bookings per week, golden club check-in / out, private lounge, direct call for any issues / queries. Golden Club staff were all excellent, sorted out our queries and resolved an issue we had with the toilet flush mechanism within 30 minutes. Great value for money and would recommend it.

Practicalities:
Although Uk brochures show separate hotels this is in fact a massive resort containing GBP Punta Cana, Bavaro, Ambar and Esmerelda elements in one. Yes, it's by far the largest resort I have ever stayed at but it never felt over-crowded or too much, guests are very well managed and the grounds are large with accomdation, restaurants, pools etc spread out within them to maximise the feeling of space. Before we arrived we were concerned about the size / guest numbers etc but needn't have worried as we never felt crowded or queued for anything for more than a few minutes.
It's a tropical country and yes, there are bugs / roaches but only saw one in the room ( which was quickly removed by hubby ) and only saw one outside the main lobby one morning.The staff here take great care with guests and take great pride in what they do - even when confronted with rude / drunk guests behaving badly ( unfortunately we came across a few American guests with terrible manners and an alcohol problem but as this is their Med it's only like our lager louts on tour )

Local Thomson Rep:
Nathan ( Nathaniel ) is great - any questions / queries he is your man and, as a Dominican, has great local knowledge. He also took good care of his guests, stopping to say hello whenever he passed us and asking if we needed anything - nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to Golden Club and are in beachfront villas ask for an upstairs room to allow for pri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RuthiePaul
Dear Ruthie,

We are proud to know that our Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana team made your holiday a wonderful trip. It is an honor to read that with their friendliness, helpfulness, and the hospitality that characterize the Dominican people, they contributed in creating you a memorable vacation.

Thank you for recommending our Golden Club package and for sharing your photos with others on TripAdvisor.

Warm greetings,

Nova Scotia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to DR for a wedding, Have never had a desire to go there so the wedding was the only reason for the trip. Then there was the resort........Well if you like huge and having no attention paid to you after check in. I made two request while booking which I know are never paid attention to but..... 1. was that I be on the second or higher floor, 2. was that I be far away from someone else in the wedding group. I was treated to a first floor room with my door being 4 inches from the second request! ok, fine, deal with it...... I left a week later in the same situation.

First floor room was so damp and musty that it was hard to breath in, after trying to get it changed for 3 days I gave up. Valentina in the Club Golden check in area was a wonderful person, tried her best as much as she could to no avail. The rest of the workers spoke little to no english in check-ins! Even the manager! We arrived early and had to wait for our rooms and I could tell from the number that my room would be on the first floor so I went in and told them that I had requested a second floor room and thought it may be easier to change at that point and he (Manager) said it was a second floor room, beautiful room, you will be very happy!! hahaha NOT!
As in the rest of the resort, when you talk to most of them, ask anything, they look at you, smile and say yeess! Very pleasantly but they have no idea what you are saying!

My air conditioner was either full throttle or off, at night I would have to put towels over me as I had not blanket in my room and the spread was disgustingly dirty from what I could see as there was very little light in the room, so dark! I am not sure if they keep the lighting so dim so you cannot see the condition of the room or the dirt on the walls and floor. You had to wear shoes at all times or wash your feet constantly. The pillows were some sort of rubber material, one of the pillow covers was dirty on arrival with a pickable substance on it and wasn't changed the whole week as I kept removing it from the bed. The sheets after one change only went two thirds from the top of the bed!! I got in bed one night and from my knees down were on the mattress cover!!!!! YUK!!! I slept sideways on the bed!! The towels were a dingy dirty grey colour and if you like to use a face cloth you better bring your own!!! There are none!! And as far as the robes and slippers they say are there, well I got a belt to a robe and that was it! Don't count on the bathroom amenities either, I had 3 shampoos and no conditioner, lots of body wash but not lotion.

If you are in the habit of using a safe for your valuables be prepared to pay $4.00 per day, I have been in many places in my life and have never been charged to use a safe if one was in the room. And on another security note, there are no peepholes in the doors, so open at your own risk I guess. On two occasions another person in our party was locked out of her room, once for 3 hours while they tried to get the door unlocked, the other for 1.5 hours!!

As far as the a la cartes well all I can say is book early!!! and hope for the best. You can also try just going to a restaurant and getting in as they say they are booked but they never are and I think they may take you if they have a lot of empty tables?? The food was better than I expected, not great, but edible. The wedding meal was in the Grill and it was lovely and we had another meal in the Grill and it also was lovely and they treated us (table of 8) very well!! The white wine was good the red was not. Do not expect to get all liquor, only the cheap stuff, you will have to pay extra for anything like compari, grand marnier, etc.

At the beach you are packed in like sardines, there are lots of chairs but very hard to find a spot were you can be comfortable.

The wedding was lovely!!! I am not sure if that is to be fully credited to the resort or the bride and groom?? As I saw other weddings taking place where you could see the party was not happy at all. The photographer did a beautiful job but very costly. As I said the meal was lovely but the couple paid an extra $800.00 to keep the room (a separate room in the restaurant for this type of thing) and have liquor served for a couple of hours extra so we could all be together. This is an all inclusive resort, why would you have to pay extra to have liquor served in a room that wouldn't be used again that night????? rip off is all I can say, they also paid an extra $1,000.00 for a honeymoon package that was totally not worth it, a few petals thrown about, cold breakfast in bed....

The resort grounds were beautiful and worked on constantly!! and the shuttles were very efficient, you didn't have to wait long at all, the staff were overall very friendly but with the lack of english not very efficient. Bring bug spray and lots of it if you are prone to bites and other medication if you are prone to reactions. I was eaten alive with large blisters forming on most of the bites, a real mess and was quite obvious looking around I was not alone.

If you are directionally challenged this is also not the resort for you! While the grounds are very well beautiful and well kept the buildings are all exactly the same and with so many of them it was hard to know where you are at any given time, the shuttles have three roads to go on which helps .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tripticketnovascotia
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Our main goal strives in having a great ambiance to satisfy our guests' requirements. We regret very much that we were not able to fulfill your expectations.

We are glad your find worth to mention the service provided by Valentina, she will appreciate your positive comments.

St John's, Newfoundland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Trip Advisor reviews of this all-inclusive resort in the DR have been really helpful. Consequently, we went to a family wedding there with low expectations and we were not disappointed. If anything, some of the reviews have been way too positive! This is NOT a 5-star operation, no matter what they say. We have good things to say about the beach (long and deep and clean, if very crowded), the grounds (immaculately manicured, although who knows how many chemicals went to feed those bushes?), and the staff (generally pleasant, which in itself is a wonder given the number of complaints they have to endure), but there are a lot of unpleasant elements to this place, notably the complete lack of organization or a centralized management system. If your room key card doesn't work (a frequent occurrence), for example, you have to go all the way to the central desk, a shuttle away--at all times of the day and night. Then, if you are lucky, someone might replace it right away, but more often than not you have to wait until someone talks to someone else and in turn yet someone else. No one seems to be in charge. Things keep breaking or going wrong: light bulbs in lamps go out; the showers leak all over the floor; the room phone doesn't work and it takes days to fix. These recurring annoyances start to wear you down. You are trapped in a mammoth weak system and you simply have to try and make the best of it. If you want to book a table at one of the restaurants on the site you have to 1) do so way in advance 2) actually book through the restaurant, and not the main desk. forget about cancelling a reservation. no one understands the concept. The resort is simply too huge to accommodate everyone and there is no evidence of an up-to-date computer program with everyone's profiles or requests. The system is fragmented and slow to respond to clients' requests. The towel situation at the pool is one telling example. Our room did not have beach towels when we arrived and so when we made it to the pool for the first time we were told we would have to go all the way back to the main desk or, at best, our room, to request towels. We would have to wait about 20 minutes until they were brought to us. This is not what anyone in his or her right mind would consider 5-star service.
When you are at an all-inclusive you have to put up with watered down drinks and interminable buffet lines. What you should not have to endure is terminally mediocre or re-purposed food. I am amazed everyone is so overweight at these places because the food lines are enough to turn the appetite. The sameness of the food, day after recycled day, is enough to make you dream about fresh salads and fish. Fresh is not an operational world at this resort.
I suppose many travelers find such places good value for the money. These are the kinds of people, perhaps, who enjoy the constant blaring of hired game masters at each of the pools, where it seems you can't just suntan and read: you have to be surrounded by people playing musical chairs and somone blaring into a microphone. There is something to all of that for younger people but I belong to the -you-get-what-you-pay-for school. The Gran Bahia is killingly average in every way. I would never go back, not as an adult!

2 Thank Raisinbread
Dear Guest,

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences or difficulties you may have experienced during your stay. Our main goal strives in having a great ambiance to satisfy our guests' requirements; we regret very much that we were not able to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm going to make this one short and sweet.

It was my first time down to any of the Central American countries and I truly believe this resort was the perfect choice. All in all, it was a great experience with four of my friends and I having had the best time of our lives.

Room - remember to put your key in the little thing by the door to power your room. Leaving a tip for the lady that cleans your room, although not mandatory, will be a nice gesture and ensure she takes care of your belongings so you can find your room spotless and nothing missing whatsoever.

Beach and pool - the beach is beautiful and you will never be bored with music playing, happy and friendly people all the time and a clean beach. You will always find beach chairs (at least we did) but maybe not always in the shade. Make sure you keep cooling off in the water if you're there all day. And it's advisable to rinse off at the open showers so the salt doesn't feel like it's burning your skin. The pool is always fun if you're drinking and in your 20s so we had crazy fun there with contests and entertainments all the time. Again, remember to tip 1 or 2 bucks to your server/bartender.

Food -- I was skeptical about food when I showed up as some friends who stayed at a different report said the food was shifty. But the food was AMAZING AND ALWAYS IN ABUNDANCE. There's good everywhere and at anytime and always a wise selection of delicious means. A la carte is also free but you have to book in advance and it's delicious.

Sports bar and disco - everyone has their preference, but my friends and I were drunk the whole time and it was crazy fun. Remember to tip the bartenders because it's always crowded down there and it will help you get served faster.

Agina, I strongly recommend that you choose this restaurant and that you tip every now and then. Interact with people and you'll have fun. The tips may seem like nothing but they get paid very little down there and the extra couple of bucks makes a HUGE difference to them and keeps them happier which makes for a happier experience for YOU!

• Stayed April 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts for your first visit to one Central America country. It is wonderful for all our Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana team to know that you had a great experience and the best time of your lives.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again in Punta Cana to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

First off, let me say that I rarely complain while on vacation but this property really got me going. The main reason I guess would be the star rating - if the hotel wasn't advertised as a 5*, but as a 4* instead, all would be fine and acceptable (although we have stayed at 4* that were way better than this 5*) and I would be completely satisfied with the resort, service etc. There is a Royal Golden Club as well as a Privileged Club and it may make a difference, but our experience is such of a regular guests in the non-privileged Punta Cana section. I'd like to try and post a balanced review with the hope that it would help someone make the right vacation choice - I have been using Trip advisor extensively and I wish I had listened to the negative reviews about this resort before booking, especially the ones that stated the size of the resort. This is by far my most detailed review and it will be a long one. Well, here goes:

The Pros: The resort is beautiful, with carefully manicured grounds that exceeds everything I've seen so far. The landscaping is amazing, so much effort put even into the smallest detail. The design and decoration of the lobby and the reception area are extremely beautiful and a true pleasure to look at.

The level of cleanliness is suburb, there are crews all over the resort cleaning, scraping and soap-water-washing the grounds. The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean, with nice little balconies.

The pools are very pretty, well maintained with crystal clear water.

Drinks are excellent, very well made to personal requests (less sugar, more lime etc.).

The A La Carte restaurants were great, especially the Japanese and Italian. Great food and excellent presentation. You will however have to reserve them prior to arriving in order to ensure a reservation or spend a few hours precious vacation time trying to get a reservation.

The teens club is very good, open from 3 PM till 11PM. Our kids enjoyed the games and they also had a Wii ( with one working remote though, bring batteries as they don't seem to have them)

Last but not least, Michael Jackson show is an absolute must. I even videotaped it, the guy was truly incredible!!

The cleanliness and beautiful grounds deserve more than 5* for sure.

The Cons: Fully booked and short staffed most of the time!! The first week we couldn't find a clean table at the buffet, always had to wait for glasses, cutlery, water, drinks or anything else. Often asked for drinks or coffee after done with our meals. Not a problem if it happens a few times, but when it is a constant problem it kind of gets on your nerves. The shortage of food is another issue that is worth mentioning, I have made a few pictures of empty food trays - not a big deal on occasion but after a few days it was really irritating. The best dishes would go first and will never be replaced, the long lines for bacon, omelets and pasta seem to be a norm rather than the exception. A single buffet for a fully booked large property doesn't seem to be enough, not to mentioned one section of the buffet was closed for the majority of the 2 weeks we eat there. Not sure why, but it was also the section that contained the only washroom and having to cross the huge lobby in the middle of your dinner just to wash your child's hands became another reason for irritation.

The resort is not just big, it is humungous. If you like big resorts, you will love it here. Getting anywhere requires a good deal of walking or using the so-called "busses", or trains. They are a good thing to have on a property of such size however the traffic at times was similar to the morning rush hour in downtown Toronto. Upon arrival we couldn't figure out the purpose of the separate walking alleys throughout the property but after a few minutes trying to walk on what appears to be a "street", we knew. There are the "busses" or trains going both ways ( beach-reception and reception-beach), then the privileged club golf carts, then the bellboy trams and various other vehicles needed for maintenance, cleaning and cooking crews and going from and to the many restaurants and buffets ……. as mentioned above, heavy traffic which of course leaves no trace of the usual flower-scented air of Punta Cana and leaves you with a smell of a busy intersection at rush hour instead. I can see the trains on the main streets but all the other vehicles going all over the place and even around the villas at all times are a bit too much.

The service was poor most of the time and IMHO this is due to the size of the hotel and the number of guests. I do realize that it is the Dominican and the service is nothing like Mexico, but I've been to other resorts in the DR with far better customer service. The towel guys were particularly unpleasant when informing you that they have no more towels for the day ( at 9 AM one morning ) or no cards (??? Could someone pls explain that one to me, I can understand no more towels but no more cards??) at about 4 PM on a few occasions ( although they close at 6 PM), so you're stuck with wet, sandy towels till the next. I had a feeling that they are just as annoyed by the lack of towels and cards as were the guests.

The beach is beautiful, turquoise waters and white pearly sand. It is however packed and you have to reserve a chair early in the morning. If you don't do it you end up without a shade in the scorching sun, not very pleasant.

One thing that bothered me was the coffee or rather, the lack of coffee - you can get a coffee at the buffet in the morning and there is a coffee machine at the reception area that opens up at 8 AM. No coffee of any kind at the many pool and beach bars, except the lobby bar. The other coffee machine was at the beach buffet and it starts working at 12.30 PM. Yes, you read it correctly, 12.30 - 4 PM. What if you have the strange desire for a coffee at 9.30 AM or any time before noon? Well, easy enough - all you have to do is take the buss for 5 stops to the reception and get yourself a cup. By the time you reach the beach your coffee is already cold, but you can always drink it on the bus, of course. Simple, right? But what if you're a party of say, 6 ppl and you all want to have your coffee at the beach? Well then, you need at least 2 ppl to go the reception and return back with 6 plastic cups OR all 6 of you can just leave the beach and take the buss to the lobby, where you can all sit and drink your cappuccinos. Joke aside, I still don't understand the reason for the coffee situation at this resort and am curious as to who came up with the working times for the coffee machines. It is a machine, it doesn't require a bartender to operate it, so why not have it work in the morning as well? Still would be very glad to hear an explanation for this as all resorts I've been to had espresso and cappuccino at the very least at the bars ( pool or beach) and until visiting this Bahia hotel, getting a coffee was always the simplest task.

Another thing is trying to use one of the many advertised activities. One morning I asked if we can play ping pong at one of the pools, the guy said his boss would bring the ping pong ball in 5 minutes, there was just one ball and apparently it was lost. Asked again 30 minutes later, the boss was still out there somewhere, and no ball of course. After another hour I was told that the boss is expected to call, and eventually will bring it. The supervisor didn't show up till lunch time with the ball ( btw why is the boss supplying ping pong balls??) and after that I didn't want to ask anymore. The second one was the sports center at the beach. At around 4 PM one day there were a good size waves so I went to see if we can use the body boards. I was told that they close at 4. Since the good waves are usually present after 4.30-5 PM every day we just bought our own body boards or else we most likely wouldn't be able to enjoy the waves at all. Again, not a big deal but what is the logic behind the closing of sports center at 4 PM when the pools close at 6 or 7 PM?

The food was ok, but nothing to write home about and definitely not anywhere near a 5*. The first week the deserts were truly horrendous ( cheap sponge cakes with icing ) however at the end of our stay the dinners became a lot better, the last 3 days being exceptionally good and a lot closer to the resort star rating. The deserts were the worst area, we eat mostly fruit, there were 5 fruit types - watermelon, melon, mango, papaya and pineapple. Passion fruit on occasion, didn't see other fruits during our stay. The last 2 days they had tiramisu, éclairs and better tasting desserts altogether. The real barometer for me personally is the cheese selection at the buffets and I am sorry to say it was very good. Gouda, regular yellow cheese, white diet cheese and a cheddar were the choices 95% of the time. Blue cheese on gala night only, this is once a week. ( Just a comparison, the Catalonia chain provides a 10+ nice cheese types every night along with crackers and other cold cuts even for it's 4* or 4 1/2* hotels, we've stayed at Catalonia Bavaro at Punta Cana and Catalonia Gran Dominicus at La Romana, same standard for both properties. Same goes for Riu and not to mention the food choices at these chains compared to Bahia Principe, the later being the worst. Not a big deal, just an observation. The blue cheese when they had it though was a very good quality.). One thing I really liked here is the great selection of fresh breads everyday, especially the chiabatta buns. Tried different breads, all very good. Nice salad dressings as well and there was always a great sangria at the main buffet.

Overall, none of these things are the end of the world but they do contribute to a flawless and worry free vacation and vice versa. There is not a big, major problem with the property yet there is something lacking. Call it atmosphere if you wish, but it is missing and the resort feels somewhat disorganized at times (and sometimes if felt like a zoo - at dinner time with the huge lines for example). It was not a big problem using the trams, not enjoying a cappuccino when I'd love to have one, not having a drink with dinner or tomato for our burgers at the beach buffet, bringing wet towels back to the room due to the lack of cards, not having bacon for breakfast because they had no bacon that day, having to cross the huge reception area just to wash your sticky hands or not playing ping pong due to whatever funny excuse this guy came up with. These are small things but for a two week stay they kind of add up and get irritating. Especially when you go to a property that advertises itself as a 5 star resort and experience the above mentioned, more likely for a 3 1/2 to 4* resort rating, it gets a bit disappointing. I wish I knew some of these things beforehand instead of believing the raving reviews. The resort has its pros and cons like any other property, but the bottom line for me is this: for the money you'll spend, you could probably find a way better AI, even with a lower star rating. I don't think we will stay with Bahia again in the future. The key is in the little things and gestures and in this resort, there were too many negative and almost none of the good ones that make vacations special. Like the girl spraying disinfecting gel on your hands who told me there are no more plastic cups at the beach buffet and left it at that. No more cups at the buffet, that's it. Would she be able to find some more? No. Can I take my tea in a porcelain cup at the beach then? No, only plastic. So that means no tea for me, fine. On my way to the beach though I saw some plastic cups at the bar and brought some back to the buffet, took my tea and left the rest for the people that would need them after me. She was still standing there and there were still no plastic cups. Not a big deal, I got them for her. But wait, shouldn't it be the other way around?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback as it enables us to continue improving our services for our guests.

Please allow us to inform you that the situation before mention doesn´t reflect our daily operation. It is important to remark that during those days our high occupancy produced rush hours that created some inconveniences, but they were immediately solved.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again at our hotel and that way be able to change any negative perception you may have.

Ajax
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at this resort from April 3rd to 10th. It was fantastic in many ways and overall, I found it better even than the Gran Bahia resorts in Mayan Riviera, Mexico. The buffets and trolleys around the resort were superior to Mexico. We stayed in the Royal Golden section and our villa (#2) was adjacent to the beach and pool. Loved the Japanese, French (Gourmet) and Mediterranean restaurants! The grounds were beautiful and beach gorgeous. Yes. I went out to reserve chairs at the beach by 6;45am, but it was worth it and it was a great time for a jog around the resort. The Michael Jackson show was amazing. Our only complaint was that a few days our room wasn't cleaned until after 5pm, but overall it was a wonderful vacation!!

Room Tip: Select Royal Golden.. rooms close to beach and pool.
1 Thank Willows1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you had a fantastic time in our Royal Golden Club.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts to continue demonstrating you our commitment to excellence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#81 of 110 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana? Share your experiences!