Myself, my husband and our two boys, ages 9 and 13 travelled here from April 4th - 11th, 2013. The resort was exactly as expected for a 5 star.
The Grounds: Beautiful!!! Everything is so green and perfect. The workers are always out chopping or picking up something.
The Rooms: Very clean and spacious. My oldest son slept on the day bed that was made up for him. It was nice that the kids each got their own beds.
The Pools were lots of fun with activities going on through out the day and very clean.
Activities: My husband and sons went on the Segway, one hour tour ($25.00 each). They loved it. Look for Michael who drives around on one to book. He was great. We also did the mini golf, archery, and spent an hour at the water park. We rented the banana boat at $10.00 per person, and my oldest went parasailing with friends and it cost $40.00 for him.
A La Cartes: This is the one reason I cannot give this property a 5 rating. We ate at 2. The Garden Grill. The steak was delicious as was everything else. We also ate at the Mikado. Very good as well. No problems with the food or service. The one problem I did have was that it was VERY hard to get reservations at these. We checked in at the Garden Grill every night on the way to the buffet and they always said, "you need a reservation". We were put on a waiting list. Our second last night there, we got a note slipped under the door saying we could go for 6:30p.m. Yipee!!!!! When we arrived there was one other table of guests and stayed that way till around 7:00. When we left, the restaurant was probably 1/4 full. I think they could handle the reservations better so everyone can try what they are entitled to! We didn't get to use our 3rd option.
The Beach: Immaculate. Soft white sand and the workers are always raking the little bits of seaweed. Never an issue getting lounge chairs even when getting down there around 10:30 in the morning.
Buffets: Very good with a great variety. Always something for everyone!
Fantastic vacation, couldn't have had better weather and everyone is so nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe