March 16th - March 23rd - with Canjet
#1 CanJet - great staff, on time..... fun and courteous yet professional at all times.
#2 Resort - awesome! staff were all super friendly, food was excellent ( especially the Grouper , I think they catch it locally ). room was well kept, no issues whatsoever.. there were some tiny ants in the room if you left food out but no big deal.
#3 Beach- Extremely Busy as always... this is one of the most popular beaches in the world and they do an excellent job to keep it clean. Was there 2 years ago and found it was cleaner this time...
Didn't do any excursions, just wanted to "chill" - the activity staff kept everyone busy and laughing yet weren't IN YOUR FACE constantly like at other resorts.
took out a kayak one afternoon and went out past the Astro Boat Wreck, that was pretty kool
Weather was incredible..........VERY windy the first two days which limited beach activities but it calmed down for the rest of the week. This is known as a windy destination at the best of times
What could they improve on? - They should expand the Wi-Fi on the resort, only the Lobby area had it and that was spotty and very slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe