We spent a full week at this hotel and had a great time. Any deficiencies that I can think of are few, far between and so minor as to be not worth repeating. The staff were friendly and as helpful as communications allowed. The service was excellent everywhere in the resort, which is very large. We stayed in building 14, which is half-way between the lobby and the beach. Both are an easy walk of 3-4 minutes or you can take the shuttle bus which runs frequently. There are two swimming pools with bars located adjacent to building 14, so we had an alternative to the beach for a quick drink and dip. Our room was cleaned and fresh towels and bottled water were provided daily. The mini-bar was always kept full. In addition the buffet located by the lobby, there is the Pisces snack bar located at two more swimming pools with bars at the beach. You should know that the snack bar is actually a buffet with lots of variety. Over the course of our stay we ate at both these buffets, as well as several of the restaurants included in our package. The food and service was excellent and friendly.
We really can't say enough about the friendly service we received. Everybody from the groundskeepers to maid service to waiters to reception were courteous, friendly and helpful. If they weren't solving your problem they were offering a coffee, cerveza, food or an "hola".
We would recommend this hotel and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe