We just got back from 1 week at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana. We loved it! The hotel is part of a resort with 4 hotels, so if you like walking after over eating, this is the place to be. There are numerous pools and pool bars as well as the beach, which is long and with beautiful sand and palm trees. If you want chairs at either a pool or the beach, I recommend getting there at 7:15-7:45 max, or you won't find a spot, especially if you are more than 2! Just leave the towels and magazines and come back later.
The food was good, not awesome but good to very good. Lots of choices. If you like steak reserve at the Garden Grill. The only negatives were; the time share prestige club who were really a pain in the a.., they do a lot of high pressure BS marketing, but if you don't mind them you can get some free gifts like massages or helicopter rides so that was ok. The other negative for us, was the wind. Punta cana is windy. The beach at times was too windy so we spent our time at the pool and then walked at the beach. The shows were really good. They have some dancers and the Michael Jackson impersonator that are awesome!
At the pool near our room at the building 14, there was a bartender named Kelvin and the waitress Margarita. He is such a showman and talented guy. Singing, dancing with Margarita, juggling bottles while mixing drinks and really loving his job. Margarita was so friendly and fun to talk too.
Bring your iphone or ipad, they have free wifi at the lobby area.
Overall, we really liked this place and will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe