We arrived on Dec 24 and left on Dec 31. There was a total of 22 people, 10 kids and 12 adults. At first I was taken back at the size of the resort but after finding a common meeting place everything was great. The rooms were spacious and clean, The bathrooms (all of them in the resort) were kept clean. Bring a wash cloth with you because they don't have them. I used a hand towel. I would have liked to get the beach towels in the rooms on the day we arrived because when we went down to the beach to get our towels they had none and we had to wait for them. The resort is so big that it is hard to get a beach, or pool chairs unless you get up early and save the chairs with towels. The food was okay but I am a chef and a little picky. The grounds are beautiful and well taken care of. I didn't find any problem with staff asking of tips, but we tip well any ways. The hotel felt very safe and all children were allowed to travel together to eat, or get drinks etc. No problems with locals. There are a very small amount of people selling on the beach but in no way did I or my group fell harassed. They took "no" for an answer. I did get bitten by bugs and it itched like crazy so bring spray and or anti itch cream. Not a big problem but annoying. The ocean was a little wavy but the children liked it. I also found the beach narrow and crowed but the pool is really close we sat at the pool and walked to the beach a few times a day. Over all I had the best vacation ever and will defiantly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe