We stayed at this resort from Nov. 29th until Dec. 6 2012.
Our arrival was not very well done as we were herded onto the shuttle where we sat for 40 minutes not even offered a drink or shown where the Golden reception area was, Once we finally got to our room which was well after check in time it was still being cleaned. We could not operate the safe as we had to go back to the Golden Lobby to pay and activate it.
We have stayed at several of the Gran Bahia resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and had things included in our stay that we did not receive here. We had to pay for our safe which we did not ever have to do before. In Mexico we received flowers, champagne, a fruit basket and T Shirts.
At this resort we had to ask several times for tee shirts and the staff were very rude about it. They wanted to know if it was a special occasion or something. The staff in the golden lobby and internet room were not at all friendly. Once we got the tee shirts they were two sizes to small anyway. They never bothered to ask about sizes.
Most days when we returned to our room after 5:00 it was still not cleaned and most days we just asked for towels- those poor ladies are over worked. We tipped her well any way as we felt bad for her.
The only extra thing we received for the price of the Golden was a fourth ala carte.
The Japanese was great but the Garden Grille and the Gourmet were barely passable. They did not even have a decent appetizer selection this part had very little to offer.
Since we have stayed at the Gran Bahia so many times we felt like we did not really get the value for our money. Some of the staff were friendly but for the most part they could care less.
When we checked out the one fellow in the Golden (Igor) who previously had been pretty rude to us said next time you come back you can get a black bracelet for a VIP. I would have thought since we were loyal clients we would have been given some kind of perks that trip. This was our fifth trip to a Gran Bahia.
We may consider going back but the other Gran Bahia's and staff were certainly more accomodating and you felt like the upgrade to Golden was worth it but certainly not here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Agoda, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe