On a recent trip with my friend this week we found many problems with this hotel. Unfortunately there were more Cons then Pros, but let's start with the positive
Cleanliness- The hotel is very clean, except for the lobby/pool bathrooms which at times were a little messy depending on when you went to use them. Other than that the hotel was very clean and maintained. There were workers always out maintaining the grounds, painting, and cleaning the pool and beach area which were all very clean.
Hotel Staff- Most of the staff here were very kind and helpful ( with the exception of the reception/guest services). The towel guys, bartenders at the pool/lobby, and the workers in the restaurants were all very friendly, kind, and helpful. They worked very hard and always had a smile on their face
Now to the CONS
Front Desk- Upon check in they could not find our reservation, check in was a complete disaster, even though we had all our information. This took over 3 hours to finally get a room. When they finally found a room they tried to through in an "upgrade" option which was ridiculous. Saying that for 200 more per person we would get a better room and would be able to eat anywhere in the hotel. Dont fall for this especially because the golden rooms were just the same as the others located in the Punta Cana side.The staff at front was also not very helpful and constantly had the same answer to every question we asked which was "that is not possible".
The Room- After we finally arrived in our room after all the check-in problems we realized that we did NOT have a tv remote, no hot water & the shower would also turn off mid rinse( be careful), there were holes in our shower which I covered using flowers, and the balcony door did not lock or close. During our stay we were also bitten by some kind of bugs in the room. It took 2 days after several complaints to the front desk and speaking to guest services/managers for someone to finally come to our room with a remote, and fix the door and water. Instead of just switching the room they made it very difficult to enjoy or feel comfortable in the beginning of our vacation by giving us the run around.
Our room phone also did not work to make outgoing local calls which we needed to do once to speak with our transportation company. When we went to the front desk they would also not allow us to make a local call for us and said that the front desk phone did not dial out or make local calls which was obviously ridiculous.There was one nice lady in guest services who allowed us to finally make the call the next day.
Another important thing to keep in mind is the size of this hotel, it is very big and in order to get around depending on where you stay you need to take a trolley, which at times was annoying. Also there is nightly entertainment but all lobby bars close at 1130 and the only other places to go after that is the casino,disco,or sports bar.
If you are expecting good customer service here I would certainly think twice before booking a room at the Gran Bahia because if you have any problems don't expect them to be handled too quickly no matter how persistent you are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe