Ways to Experience Runners Adventures
from $124.00
from $88.32
from $347.70
4,095 results
All reviews monkey land bavaro runners squirrel monkeys sugar cane our tour guide maria's house dominican republic zip lining horseback riding coffee beans santo domingo typical dominican house mama juana open air bus nachos dominican lunch dominican home
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This is an excellent day trip to go on. The staff are friendly and informative. The experience with the monkeys was fantastic - they jump right on your hand and head, etc. We were given lots of time to feed the monkeys and take pictures. The tour guide, Meme was hilarious!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018

I'm only giving this a 3 out of 5 because the brochure provided to us by our hotel did not list that we would be visiting a coffee/cocoa house located on the same grounds as the Zip Line excursion. Out of the 5 hour tour, only an hour was spent at Monkey Land. Now, that hour was an amazing experience, but it did not make up for the other 4 hours we spent travelling or waiting on the cocoa/coffee tour that lasted over an hour (and that we had done the day prior).

Date of experience: June 2018
Runners A, Manager at Runners Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Holli,

Thanks for choosing us, hope you are doing well. We are sorry to hear that your expectations were not accomplished.

This tour is usually named Monkeyland & Plantation Safari, therefore it does not solely consists of interaction with monkeys, it has also a Plantation Safari included, you can inform yourself better in our website about the itinerary and inclusions of the tour. Our website is named on your brochure as well.

On a future visit, feel free to read and ask as much as you want about our tours, which are detailed on our website. Hope to see you on the next adventure!

Kind Regards,

Alexandra M.,
E-Marketing Manager
Runners Adventures

Reviewed June 11, 2018

A friend and I went on a Bavaro Runners day-tour which was absolutely fantastic! We left from the Catalonia resort in Punta Cana to spend the day doing so many interesting things. We went horseback riding, visited a beautiful church, took a tour of a home and farm where we got to see and sample how chocolate and coffee (my two favorite things!) are grown and made, and we visited a spectacular beach. An authentic Dominican lunch was included, plus drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were plentiful throughout the day on the bus. The highlight of our trip was our tour-guide, Ruddy, and our bus-driver, Angel. They were knowledgeable, funny, interesting, engaging, and entertaining throughout the day. All of our questions were answered, and we spent the time on the tourbus/jeep laughing and having a great time. I would recommend this tour company, this tour, and particularly Ruddy and Angel to anyone looking to have a wonderful day!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018

4 of us went on the adventure to Monkey Land. I would highly recommend this outing. Lots of fun with the monkeys and the tour guides on the bus and at Monkey Land were exceptional. Jose and Juan Paca did a great job of getting us there and telling us about the local small towns.
This is a must visit , the monkeys are well behaved

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018

This is well overdue. My family and I went on the Monkeyland excursion the 1st week of April. The gentleman who drove the shuttle, Rosell, was the best tour guide we've ever had. Our group consisted of me, my husband, 2 teenage sons and my parents. This was our 1st time in the Dominican Republic. Rosell didn't seem to mind answering any of our questions, no matter how ridiculous they probably were, and basically gave us a history lesson, telling us information that we didn't even know to ask about. We love learning about other countries and cultures. This made the ride to and from our hotel much more enjoyable. Rosell was patient and seemed genuinely friendly. I also have to mention Monkeyland, which might have been my family's favorite excursion. My only complaint would be we wished the time with the monkeys could have been longer. For the last 10 years, we have been going on spring break vacations and taking at least one excursion. We have enjoyed most, which were usually more adventurous, but having contact with the monkeys was like nothing we experienced before. The staff was great too. If you're an animal lover, this is the excursion for you.

Date of experience: April 2018