“Fantastic excursion!! Ruddy and Angel were great!!!!”
Review of Runners Adventures

Runners Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore all the hidden treasures that this wonderful country has to offer. Visit a spectacular cave, ancient shelter for the Taino Indians and discover their secrets. Enter a typical house and learn how the local people live and visit their coffee and cocoa plantations. Also have fun horseback riding. Take a walk through the sugarcane field and see firsthand how Dominicans roll the world's best cigars. An adventure high in colors!
Reviewed June 11, 2018

A friend and I went on a Bavaro Runners day-tour which was absolutely fantastic! We left from the Catalonia resort in Punta Cana to spend the day doing so many interesting things. We went horseback riding, visited a beautiful church, took a tour of a home and farm where we got to see and sample how chocolate and coffee (my two favorite things!) are grown and made, and we visited a spectacular beach. An authentic Dominican lunch was included, plus drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were plentiful throughout the day on the bus. The highlight of our trip was our tour-guide, Ruddy, and our bus-driver, Angel. They were knowledgeable, funny, interesting, engaging, and entertaining throughout the day. All of our questions were answered, and we spent the time on the tourbus/jeep laughing and having a great time. I would recommend this tour company, this tour, and particularly Ruddy and Angel to anyone looking to have a wonderful day!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,876)
All reviews
in 62 reviews
"open air bus"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2018

4 of us went on the adventure to Monkey Land. I would highly recommend this outing. Lots of fun with the monkeys and the tour guides on the bus and at Monkey Land were exceptional. Jose and Juan Paca did a great job of getting us there and telling us about the local small towns.
This is a must visit , the monkeys are well behaved

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018

This is well overdue. My family and I went on the Monkeyland excursion the 1st week of April. The gentleman who drove the shuttle, Rosell, was the best tour guide we've ever had. Our group consisted of me, my husband, 2 teenage sons and my parents. This was our 1st time in the Dominican Republic. Rosell didn't seem to mind answering any of our questions, no matter how ridiculous they probably were, and basically gave us a history lesson, telling us information that we didn't even know to ask about. We love learning about other countries and cultures. This made the ride to and from our hotel much more enjoyable. Rosell was patient and seemed genuinely friendly. I also have to mention Monkeyland, which might have been my family's favorite excursion. My only complaint would be we wished the time with the monkeys could have been longer. For the last 10 years, we have been going on spring break vacations and taking at least one excursion. We have enjoyed most, which were usually more adventurous, but having contact with the monkeys was like nothing we experienced before. The staff was great too. If you're an animal lover, this is the excursion for you.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I have to say Monkeyland was the best tour I've taken PJ and Feliz where the best tour guides ever.
They made it so much more amazing.
If you want to enjoy a good time in Punta Cana you have to take this tour and ask for PJ to be your guide you will truly have an amazing time.
At Monkey land ask you'll meet Felix and Maximo also 2 amazing guys they will take some amazing pictures and get the monkeys to hang out with you.
For just a half a day you will take memories that will last a life time.
And these guys will make sure you have a great time.

Date of experience: June 2018