“Only one disappointment....that I didn't realize until I got home.”

Marinarium Excursions Snorkeling Cruise
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Marinarium Shark and Ray Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Marinarium invites you to discover the wonders of the reef and the marine life. Join us for an exciting half-day cruise during which you will have the unique opportunity to snorkel with stingrays and nurse sharks.Snorkeling is followed by a beautiful sightseeing cruise along the coast of Cabeza de Toro and Bávaro. Finally, you will reach Paradise, where you will relax in the waist deep waters of Bávaro’s natural pool, with your favourite cocktail in hand.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Chatham, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Only one disappointment....that I didn't realize until I got home.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a great trip. I've been on lots of catamaran trips-I book them at least once a year- and this was the best one I've been on. The snorkeling was weak but I expected that knowing before I booked it that it was a pretty bare reef I would be visiting. The shark/sting ray encounter was really fun. I have a huge fear of open-water swimming because of sharks yet I felt comfortable enough in this setting knowing that these sharks are harmless. It's the only way I'd ever want to see a shark so bucket list item checked off! I've never been offered an encounter like that as part of a catamaran package. These animal excursions are always separate and another $100. It was nice that my $90 covered both the party boat experience and a marine life interaction under one fee. I felt this was a HUGE value. The drinks were great. Loved the floating bar and the relaxation of the sand bar. Dancing was fun on deck. The boat was clean and staff was very attentive, entertaining and friendly. They offered pre-packaged sandwiches and cookies...a nice surprise that were delicious! Other trips I've taken have dried-out non-pre packaged sandwiches. This was much better and more sanitary!! My only complaint is that of the video/camera people: they offered photos of holding the sting rays and also a DVD/photo CD of the day. They SWORE that for $30 your DVD/CD would have pictures and video of EVERYTHING we did. so instead of buying the pictures they had pre-printed off in the gift shop of us holding sting rays, we paid $30 (more $$ than pictures) for the DVD/CD package. When we got home and looked at the DVD/cd....there are ZERO photos of us with sting rays and ZERO video of OUR trip. The DVD is a commercial that they used in the lobby to advertise the trip itself and is of other people from a previous trip. So we have a few pictures of our family goofing around on the boat .....no pictures of us with sting rays which is why we bought the DVD/CD package....and lots of pictures of people we don't know who were on the boat with us. Otherwise....I would ave given this excursion a perfect score. Video/camera guys ruined the perfect score. Sorry Jonsum I can't rate it perfect. But Jonsum you and your crew were awesome and deserve a perfect score for your efforts!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Angie K
Marinarium, Director of Sales at Marinarium Excursions Snorkeling Cruise, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi,

We are very happy you enjoyed the excursions and felt that was a great value !!!

Concerning the issue about the DVD package it's just a miss understanding as we have only 2 options :

30$ DVD that included all the pictures of what you did (Snorkeling, dancing, natural pool ) except the stingray encounter + another DVD of the Marine Life and Dominican Republic.
OR
Printed pictures with the stingray for 15$

Your Marinarium Excursions Team

• Czech first
Oxford, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Time”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Valentin, our guide, was awesome! Fun and entertaining. With Reef Explorer, you get to experience plenty of unique water activities all in one day. Plan for a day. Don't miss the massage! When else will you ever get to hold a sting ray?? Overall, good times and worth the price. Also, staff was super helpful when I lost my camera and they went on a mad snorkel pursuit to find it.

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Marinarium disappointing”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were very excited to take this snorkelling tour as a family. This was advertised as a family excursion. The staff was friendly, but the snorkelling was so disappointing. We were rushed along (herded really) from one spot to another and it was so crowded as a result that we had to keep looking around us to make sure we didn't bump into anyone. The time was so short to snorkel and the majority of the time was spent on the catamaran. The focus was not snorkelling, but drinking. If you want to drink lots of beer all afternoon on a boat and then in the water, this is the excursion for you. If you actually want to spend the $100 you paid on lots of snorkelling, this is not the place for you. We would never do it again.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Janet L
Good Afternoon,

Marinarium is a fantastic half-day cruise during which you have the opportunity to snorkel with nurse sharks and enjoy our stingrays encounter. This is follow by a sightseeing cruise along the coast of Cabeza de Toro to finally reach the Bavaro bay and have a water bar.

In our program we do two groups. One for the advanced who snorkel for 30 minutes to see corals and fishes and then go see sharks and stingrays. The other group is for the beginners (those who are not good swimmer or people with kids ) they go directly to see sharks and stingrays. We also have a rope where the people can hang on from the boat until the aquarium. Our guides in the water are always there to help with a lifebuoy.

I would like to recommend you on your next trip REEF EXPLORER.
At Reef Explorer you can enjoy a half day of multi-activity where you can do what you want when you want at the rhythm you like. This is a unique excursion where you will relax on a floating island and discover the marine life at the Best Place in Punta Cana. Have a great snorkeling tour on the reef or spend all the time you want admiring the behavior of our sharks. Feel like a marine Biologist for a half-day! If you want more adrenaline, get a close encounter with our friendly stingrays and give them a kiss. Take a kayak or a paddle surf and hunt the reef waves, then take our power snorkel and go like James Bond, then sunbathe on our floating mats or get a relaxing massage or spend a moment with our reflexology therapist. A health bar with juices will refresh your thirst and do no forget our vegetables with dip and sandwiches.

Your Marinarium excursions Team
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Party Boat!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was my first time snorkeling and it was amazing to be able to see sharks up close. We get to hold a stingray which was awesome. I love the party in the boat idea. Drink up!

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great way to do a lot in a short amount of time”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved the activities available. I did the "reef explorer" which provided 6 activities you could do whenever you pleased as opposed to being stuck in a group. Massage, swim with nurse sharks and stingrays, paddle boarding, and kayaking! Definitely worth the money for all this adventure.

Visited September 2013