“I wish I would not have waited so many years to go!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #22 of 107 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lake Winnebago
“I wish I would not have waited so many years to go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife & I went with our friends to celebrate a 20th wedding anniversary. The food was great, the staff worked hard to make our trip memorable. We had a blast when we wanted to party but where still able to also enjoy a quite dinner with friends. Lifetime memories where made and we will be back to make more. The upgraded room was worth every penny and the beach was cleaner than the resorts on each side.

Room Tip: swim up suite was amazing
1 Thank Doug B
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Doug B,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Majestic Elegance and for recommending us to other travelers and friends.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay very much celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary and appreciate your nice words for our property, the food, the staff service and our pools and restaurants.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance and the Club.

Best Regards

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,681)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

On our ninth trip to Punta Cana we booked this resort mainly for the elegance club butler service and extras, plus the reviews and location being away from the bavarro crowds . For the money they really don't know how to run a luxury club and I feel you can do much better. They missed the private check in for us, our butler basically dumped us after a 10 minute tour and told us to track him down for the special bubble bath and that was it. Evidently very lazy. We were given a room on the service road facing the border fence of the property with zero view. This is not what we paid extra for. We were left to find the private beach on our own and thought the regular beach was ours which was elbow to elbow. We asked to change rooms and were ignored by the butler and front desk until you mention the magic words change resorts. Zero help from Liberty Travel, Pottstown Pa incidentally, never again ! At that point we were permitted to see Argenis who runs the Elegance Club and he will accommodate you somewhat. We were upgraded to a large suite overlooking the pool which was nice but had major mildew problems which you will immediately know when you see candles,etc. We were given an excellent butler who did take very good care of us. I strongly recommend to Argenis that he spend some training time with the butlers on some minimum standards of service. However, after spending a couple of days on the phone and dealing with this made this an unmemorable vacation for us. After just having a death in the family its not what we needed. Additionally, there are a number of things that are not as advertised. Some roof top bars are closed down, there is no dvd library, and the wifi in the lounges is very bad and very poorly done .Also, the concierge people working in the lounges speak very poor English, so good luck with reservations etc. They really need to work on that. According to my computer husband they pretty much have an insecure, rube Goldberg connection. Best advice was to download the Magic Jack app that gives you free calls. Ask, but its hush hush over there. We found it very inconvenient to find our way around this resort with the lounges used as connectors. We had some service issues in the room involving lights out and loud buzzing in the wall behind the bed. The beach towels are doled out very sparingly as 2 at a time with a towel card, good luck finding the guy. Upscale resorts in PC put them in your room and you can have as many as you want. The beach and restaurants were fine. It's back to Excellence for us and switching back to Mexico next time. Excellence and Secrets are the best chains and you generally will not have all this nonsense. However avoiding Secrets for now as their rates have become silly, astronomical, after the Maroma awards !! Maybe if you don't pay extra for the club and have low expectations this place will be ok for you.

Room Tip: We requested close to the beach and got the fence service road. It does not matter what you request...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Donnapcdr
Dear Donnapcdr,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for posting you important feedback on this website.

We would like to extend you our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your holiday with us.

On the other hand we are glad to know that the assistance given from our Club manager Argenis helped improving your stay here and the service offered from the new butler was excellent.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that since your last stay here in June we enhanced our Elegance Club facilities with a renovation of our club lounges including the roof top bars.

I have to say that considering your reviews from your previous stay in Punta Cana area, we are somehow glad that you rated us higher than the other resort you have visited here, of course I would be really glad if you would come back to visit us and contact me before to make your next stay with us a real Majestic holiday.

Public relations Manager
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

i loved out stay at majestic...the rooms were amazing the beach was amazing and the pools as well.. the staff was excellent...very friendly and sociable!! Riki (animation team) was my favortie...he was always out getting everyone to join in the hotel activities ..i had alot of fun i didnt wanna come back to wisconsin. it was very relaxing! everyone was so friendly...the food was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley C
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went here the first time as part of a wedding group in October of 2011. It was my first tropical trip or all-inclusive. I later returned with 2 girlfriends friends in Nov of 2012 for a vacation.

Both trips were fantastic! The staff is so friendly, but not pushy or invasive. They seem to genuinely want to say hi and make sure that you are having fun. They are happy to help with anything that you want, and go out of their way to be helpful. Chocolat is the best!

Our room was perfect...just a junior suite, but cozy beds, a little sitting area, a nice balcony. The only odd thing is the bathroom...which is really just a frosted swinging door in your room. So not really that private. Apparently that's pretty normal in resorts though from what I hear. Everything was very clean, always cleaned every day. Extra towels were brought when requested, our fridge was restocked every day. Very good!

The beach was stunning! White sand, a few little fishes if you took a snorkel mask and drifted out. Clear nice temperature water. Always found a shady umbrella with chairs. Was brought cocktails and water if asked. There was the rare beach vendor selling jewelry but they didn't press and were polite.

There are so many activities going on in different areas that there is always something to do. Bingo, volleyball, pool games, night shows (Michael Jackson show is SO good!), piano playing, it's impossible to get bored. Yet somehow still seems quiet. We had our balcony right over the pool by the bar and with the doors closed you could only hear a little bit of noise at noon for the game time, and then all quiet.

And the food is GREAT! One of us eats everything, one is very health conscious, and one is a vegetarian. We could have eaten at the buffet every day for every meal, it was so large and fresh and diversified. But we tried the a la cartes and they were good too. Gourmet was great, Italian good, steak house great, tapanyaki (?) not too good.

The only bad things we had were that the power went out a couple of times, seemingly unrelated to storms. But it wasn't just the resort, it was the whole beach strip of resorts. Kind of a pain, but it only lasted a half hour and didn't seem to impede anything.

Take a 15 minute walk out the front gates and down the road to the market. Super cute and fun! There you will get heckled to death, but still people are so friendly.

We are researching another trip on Trip Advisor now, and it's hard not to just go back to the Majestic Elegance every time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nesbit, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Majestic Elegance for our 15 year anniversary. We had such a fun relaxing getaway here! The room was very spacious and clean. The only complaint I have is that it smelled like smoke. I never really noticed it throughout the day, but for some reason I noticed it when we woke up. Not really sure why. I would also suggest getting full length mirrors. Us women like to look at the whole picture before leaving the room :) I did like the fact that the air conditioner never cut off! The room was always the perfect temperature. The bed was not that comfortable. The sheets were a different type of material making them a hot type of material. The beach was so beautiful and peaceful. We did learn early on in our stay that you have to get out there pretty early (8:00 or so) to get a good spot on the beach. Otherwise, you will find yourself searching for a chair and moving it around to have a decent spot. But when we did have to do this, it was no big deal. There really isn't a bad spot on the beach. We stayed at the beach all day every day! We never wanted to go in. Maxima was THE BEST!!!! She was our beach waitress. She would refill mine and my husbands drinks before we were even done with the previous one. She was super sweet!!!! The food was "ok." I did enjoy the buffet. There was always something different on there and we could always find something that tasted ok. We are not picky eaters so it wasn't hard to find something to eat. We ate at the Japanese restaurant a couple of times and the steakhouse one time. Both were "ok." The Italian restaurant was closed for renovation. Miguel was our butler. He was very nice and willing to answer any questions we had. We didn't have any problems or complaints so we never had to try to get in touch with him. But when we did see him throughout the resort, he would always speak and know exactly who we were and what our room number was. He made us feel like we had known him for years. The evening shows were "ok." It gave us something to do, but we were not impressed. But that didn't bother me because everything else in the resort made up for it. I read a lot of reviews on the Michael Jackson show and was excited to go to it, but then got disappointed because it was on a Wednesday night, which meant we missed it (we were there Friday-Wednesday morning). I don't understand the reviews where people are saying that the people there are unfriendly. I thought everyone was very friendly!!!! I heard the word "hola" at least 200 times throughout our stay! Everyone was so happy all of the time! The resort is HUGE and beautiful! The landscaping is beautiful! I do wish there had been more shopping. There were quite a few shops, but they all had basically the same stuff in them. I could go on and on, but I think I hit the highlights. Again, it was amazing and we will DEFINITELY be back!! Save our spot on the beach Maxima :)

• 3 of 5 stars
Dear AmyH2013724,

Thank you for having chosen Majestic Resorts and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful anniversary vacation in our resort.
I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at the Majestic Elegance.

wallkill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We got back yesterday from a 5 night stay at Majestic Elegance. The resort is immaculate and the pools and beach are beautiful. We were upgraded upon arrival to the Elegance Club and very much enjoyed the quiet pools and proximity to the beach.

Upon arrival we were given a first floor room with a small patio that faced the service road. This was my only complaint during my stay. The foot and service cart traffic was non-stop and this afforded absolutely no privacy or peace. I requested a room change the day after we arrived and they moved me the day after I made the request. I think that if a guest is placed in a first floor room facing that road the room rate should be reduced for the stay. Privacy fencing or natural hedges should be put in place so the rooms would be more private.

We were moved to a room on the third floor that faced the pool and the view was very pretty. Both rooms that we were given were very comfortable and huge. Just be very careful when getting out of the shower , as the floors were marble tile and very slippery.

The Buffet was the only restaurant we ate in and the food was good. It was not 5 star food, but I would not expect that at any all inclusive. We are not picky eaters, but even if you are there should be something there that you could find that you would enjoy. Nobody would have to leave there hungry.

The pools were wonderful. Maxima and Emmanuel at the Elegance Club made our stay lots of fun. They had our towels and drinks ready before we even had to ask. They gave us the best service we've ever had in the ten trips we've made to an all inclusive resort.

We and a great time at the Majestic and would definitely consider going back again. air anyone has any questions , feel free to message me and I will answer you as best I can.

Room Tip: I would choose a room that faced the pools or one with an ocean view. I would strictly avoid a firs...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank starstormWallkill
Majestic-Ele, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear starstormWallkill,

thank you very much for your visit with us at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana and for writing this nice review.
It is a great pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your holiday here with a special mention to our property, the beach, the rooms, our food and bars.

We really look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit to the Dominican.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was our second trip to The Majestic Excellence we had the best time ! It was my boyfriends birthday and Our Charming Butler Raphael greeted us with Baloons, Champagne and a cake in the room . The rooms are spacious ,stylish, very clean and comfortable , We enjoyed our upgrade to the Adults Elegance club with computer /buffet lounge near the beach. Our beach waitress Angelina was a doll, she kept the drinks flowing,, The pools and Bali beds were spotless , constant Island Music, with Bikini contests, and Sexy Man contest for entertainment, you could always find a comfortable private spot on the beach or poolside I floated for hours in the warm waves ,on rafts given to us by theTowel /pool attendant, We especially enjoyed meeting Benvenieto for a second time, Benny the towel man, Angelina, Raphael and Christopher our past butler and all the staff are so accommodating and enjoyable, They make The Majestic a wonderful destination, We enjoyed dancing to The Saxaphone before dinner in one of the great Restaurants , and the dancers were fantastic in the evening shows, Michael Jackson my favorite , We enjoyed a couples massage in the spa, energizing gym workouts, it was a perfect sunshine vacation for us, it was also fun seeing the many weddings taking place around the resort, it was a truly beautiful, fun and relaxing vacation. I had lost my watch the last Day and Mr Flavio Mirabella was quick to locate it in lost and found and is shipping it back to me , A beautiful resort with wonderful service ! I would like to see a Full length mirrors in the room, and more shops .

Room Tip: get close to the beach as possible, it can be a long walk around property
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Sara M
Dear SaraM,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Majestic Elegance again and for sharing your experience with us through this website.

We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and that you specially enjoyed our property, the beautiful beach, our staff service, gym food, and bars.

Regarding your watch it was sent some days ago and should already have arrived by now.

We look forward to welcoming soon back at the Majestic Elegance & the Club