“great great great”

Jellyfish Beach Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 307 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
The Pas, Manitoba
“great great great”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The road to get there is an adventure in itself!!! The selection was great and the shrimp I ordered was fantastic. Wonderful service and ambiance. We happened to be there when there was an wedding going on downstairs so we got to share in there entertainment which was great.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raymond, Maine, United States
“Known for its weddings - BIG MISTAKE”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The jellyfish Punta Cana is really known for its weddings. Unfortunately I have a really bad experience to share with any brides to be. The owner of this establishment Gabriel Duran is not to be trusted. We booked our daughters wedding here and paid the deposit as requested to their offices in Fort Lauderdale FL (run by Isaac Duran - Gabriel's son) by bank transfer back in April 2013, our daughters wedding was confirmed by them for April 5th 2014. Getting closer to the date my daughter began sending pictures as requested of the vision she had for her day. I have 48 relatives confirmed and traveling from all over the world for her big day. November 2013 we had a bit of a blip and were advised that they thought they had double booked, this was told to my daughter in an e-mail. When I checked after many e-mails and phone calls to them, I was advised that it was a mistake and that we were all set. This really shook us up but we were told that it was a mis-understanding as I had paid the deposit not my daughter so they hadn't put the two of us together !!! Well then comes December 23rd day before we are going away to visit family for the holidays. My daughter receives another e-mail informing her that they have in fact double booked her wedding day of April 5th 2014 !!! My daughter was heartbroken, the best day of her life had just been ruined in her eyes !! Being as it was christmas time trying to get hold of anyone was a nightmare, I finally got hold of Isaac Duran in Florida and explained what had happened and he advised me that he would contact Punta Cana and find out what was going on.....he never called me back and would not answer his phone when I called !!! We had to endure no contact over the holidays and now we have 48 guests flying to Punta Cana and no wedding !!! And only 3 months to try and arrange something else. The manager Gabriel Duran eventually spoke with me by phone and requested that we change our date and said mistakes happen its human error !!! He is totally unprofessional, my husband and I have run a couple of businesses and cannot believe this man is still in business. We have found out that this has happened before pretty much the same scenario as ours. Although we cannot be 100% sure we are told that they probably had a bigger wedding party request that day. Even after admitting in writing to us that it was their mistake they were not willing to show any good will in helping to sort anything out for us and we even had to fight to get our deposit back. If you are thinking of having your wedding here please be warned you would be better of getting married at the resort you are staying at and not at the Jellyfish Restaurant.

17 Thank Sandra S
london
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had dinner here one night and lunch on a another day we enjoyed both meals. We had the sea food platter and shrimp crepe very nice. Only bad point is that service can be bit slow even though restaurant was not very busy on both occasions. If you spend over $100 they pay for your cab back to resort which is good deal.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank samsam00
Nipawin
“Great place”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Food, ambience and staff were all great. There was entertainment but we didn't stay. Some of our group did and they said it was wonderful!

Visited February 2013
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Didn't honor my reservation”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I went to Punta Cana for his birthday. We made reservations for the night of his birthday, January 10, 2014. In fact, we accidentally made two reservations because we both made one. We both received confirmations. We paid $20.00 from our resort to the Jellyfish on January 10, 2014. When we arrived, we were told the restaurant was closed for a private party. Naturally, we were not happy. After some discussion with the restaurant manager, he reimbursed us the $20.00, and got us a taxi to another restaurant.

We ended up at the Balicana restaurant. This is where I will give the Jellyfish a huge thank you. The Balicana was awesome and MUCH BETTER than the Jellyfish. It was also probably half the price of the Jellyfish.

So, the Jellyfish takes reservations, they just don't honor them!!

3 Thank DarbyGirl1