“Beautiful wedding and return birthday meal :)”

Jellyfish Beach Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 345 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have just returned from our wedding in the Dominican and have to say the wedding lived up to all our high expectations!
The Jellyfish is very unique, romantic and Mayte really does try hard to make your day an awesome one.
We were only a party of 7 and as a bride I tried to be laid back and let Mayte do what she does best. With the limited photos I gave her she created exactly what i'd envisaged and more!!
To be honest on the run up to the wedding I was slightly worried as contact with Mayte can be very hard due to how busy she is arranging weddings. But ladies do not fear, she has everything organised, just relinquish control to her as believe me she is far more experienced than you'll ever be and make your day beautiful regardless.

The meal itself was gorgeous and excellent value for money. The shrimp and New York steak are to die for!

We all enjoyed the place and food that much we returned a week later to have a meal for my sister-in-law's birthday, which was equally as fantastic.

We would like to thank Mayte and her staff in making our wedding day sooooo special and one that will be forever etched in our hearts <3

Lindsey & Scott Richardson x

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon the Jellyfish while on a walk along the beach. We were staying at a resort a stones throw away from the Jellyfish and we are so glad we found it! We stopped in for lunch 2 days in a row and it was a welcome respite from resort food.

I was a very casual setting for lunch...think swimwear and flip flops. It appeared that they have the same menu for lunch and dinner. The first day we were there they had the canvas on the front of the restaurant rolled up and the view is wonderful! The second day was windy and they were setting up for a wedding, so the canvas was down and we sat in the upstairs part of the restaurant, but the setting was still great.

We enjoyed shrimp cocktail, coconut shrimp, sea bass with ginger and passion fruit sauce, sea bass with white whine sauce, and red snapper with creole sauce. All were very tasty! We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Each time we visit Punta Cana, we make sure to visit Jellyfish. The food, service, and view are impeccable. The food is very fresh, well-seasoned, and always visually pleasing. This is a restaurant that one must visit while visiting the Punta Cana area.

1  Thank TheLesanes
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had ate at the Jellyfish prior to this visit with my mother and sister while they visited me a few months ago. I was so pleased with my 1st experience I was dying to take them!
The food was fabulous again! Did not disappoint! We sat on the second floor as there was a small wedding ceremony below on the main floor. So it was also quiet on the top floor only a few other tables with people dining.
The staff is very friendly and the service was quick and efficient. Our lobster tails were perfect! And the calamari was to dye for. We enjoyed a few cocktails with our dinner and stunning view of the beach.
Our bill for the three of us with 2 drinks each was approx $300 with tip
Totally worth the drive down the "dark, narrow dirt road" to get there. I Love this restaurant!
If you are staying in Punta Cana on vacation - totally worth the visit to get off the resort and indulge in some fabulous food! :)

1  Thank Sunnidayz85
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend and another couple. We heard good things about the restaurant and wanted to escape the repetitive food we had at our all-inclusive resort. It was a 20-25 min cab ride each way from the Riu complex and $50 round trip*. Just FYI- when you turn left down a dark, narrow, dirt road you are going the right way. This restaurant was on the beach and had an open-air concept. It was extremely windy at night, but they can pull down the canvas/parachute type walls to fix that. Don't wear stilettos to the restaurant because u walk through a sand parking lot to get to the main entrance. There are also couches for lounging on the beach. It was kind of slow the night we went, but we've heard it turns into a club-like atmosphere late at night.

The food was amazing-- we ordered mozzarella sticks as an appetizer, and every table gets a basket of warm bread with an olive oil/Parmesan/balsamic vinegar dipping sauce. For our entrees we ordered the coconut shrimp, and the Cheff's pasta (alfredo-like sauce with mushrooms and chicken). The red wine was also much better than the kind we had at our resort. We wanted to have an american-like, normal meal and this restaurant fulfilled our desire. The prices were also very decent (around $14 for the pasta dish).

*My only complaint is that when we called to make our reservation they said that if you spend $100 you get a free taxi ride back to your hotel. We spent well over $100 and thought we got a free ride back but there was some miscommunication between the taxi driver and we had to pay $25 again.