My husband and I were here in January for our honeymoon and had such a fabulous time that we purchased a membership to AM Resorts so that we can continue to visit this resort and other Secrets locations.
The staff were AMAZING; super friendly, went out of their way to please you and we were impressed with the number of staff who spoke English so well. Christian, Ricardo, and Jarlin at the front desk were always there to answer our questions and make sure that we were enjoying our trip. Marco checked in with us to ensure that his staff was meeting our needs. At all but one meal we saw the Dir. of Food and he frequently checked in with us as well.
Some of my favorite food items that I can recall as I write this are the empanadas, filet, chocolate truffle and coconut ice cream at the Steak House; the mushroom risotto at the Italian restaurant, everything at the Wok; the fresh fruit smoothies, omelets station, mashed plantains, and tropical fruit at breakfast; and the ceviche at the Blue Marlin.
One of the many highlights was a wonderful couples massage in the gorgeous new spa. Raquel was so great that I booked a second treatment with her and enjoyed my 50 minute facial even more than my massage!
We found the resort to be so relaxing, that we decided not to book one excursion as we didn't want to miss a minute being at SSCC. Bernando and the rest of the bar tenders were friendly and did a great job remembering what we liked to drink. Just remember to specify a certain liquor if you don't want to be served the bottom of the cheap stuff.
Our villa was amazing! It was clean (maid service three times a day), we enjoyed turn down service daily, and had more than enough room to unpack and feel like we were staying at our own private home. Our maid was the sweetest woman, and although she didn't speak much English, we still managed to communicate just fine.
Overall, we found this trip to be very relaxing. The beaches, the service, the food, the people and views were all impressive. I have already recommended this resort to many people and can't wait to return myself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort