My husband and I honeymooned at the resort for eight days in August. We wouldn't change a thing about our trip. It was perfect. We are planning to go back for a long weekend for our 1 year anniversary.
Resort: The resort and grounds were beautiful. It makes for wonderful pictures. The pool bar area was a lot of fun. This is where most everyone hung out during the day. The beach is small but nice. Most days we were able to get the beach/pool chairs that we wanted. The beach bungalows are the way to go but you have to get up early to snag one.
Food: The food was excellent. Our favorite restaurant was Capricio. Try the risotto. We had it two nights in a row. The Blue Marlin was a very close second for us and it is where we ate most often. The view is unreal there and the food was great. We also enjoyed the steakhouse, however, we did not care for The Wok and only ate there once.
Entertainment/Staff/Atmosphere: We were relieved to see that the resort did not draw a young, party crowd. Don't get me wrong. Everyone hung together and had a good time but it was the perfect balance of a good time w/a laid back vibe. We made some great friends that we plan to keep in touch with. The entertainment staff does a superb job. They work really hard and played a key role in the fun we had while we were there. Willy Wonka was our favorite staff member. He was a lot of fun and did a great job of keeping you involved in the activiities that were scheduled through out the day. We also loved Miami, Gabrielle, Junior and Mildred. They were a blast too.
Accomodations: We stayed in the fortress in one of the honeymoon suites w/private pool. If you can swing the price, it seems the way to go. It was clean and nicely decorated. The balcony was big and had nice furniture. The private pool was a really neat added touch. I will say though that we didn't spend as much time on our balcony as I thought we would because most everything revolves around the pool bar during the day.
Advice: There is a slight language barrier as the staff speaks varing degrees of english. We did not run into any issues, however if you have food allergies or typically request 'made to order' meals, you will have some difficulty. Take insect repellant for the mosquitos. I got bit up at night when walking around the resort. We spoke to a few couples who stayed in the private bungalow villas: The bathroom does not have a window, just blinds. This means you can not keep anything of value in the bathroom and you have to keep the bathroom door shut and locked at all times. They also commented on the number of bugs that came into the bathroom due to the open-air window. Finally, keep in mind that Secrets has not been running the resort for very long so you may see some small inconsistancies. For example, we ordered dessert one night to our room and it never came. However, you can tell that they are trying very hard to do everything right and are eager to correct any mistake. We had an amazing time and look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort