My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 7-day stay at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana to celebrate our Anniversary. Overall, the resort is “Muy Excelente”!
The grounds of the resort are very beautiful, exceeding my expectations. Although we encountered some small issues, none really affected our overall positive impression of the resort.
The food and restaurant service were excellent. The hostesses and wait staff were exceedingly friendly and we never had any issues with communication as reported by others in their reviews. Our favorite restaurants were the Blue Marlin, Wok and The Steak House. The pool side BBQ grill near the Café was outstanding.
Management (Pedro) attended to our every need courteously and promptly, the maintenance staff was outstanding along with the entertainment staff (Miami, Willy Wonka and Richard aka “Michael Jackson” who made an effort to visit with us every day).
Our room was great. The A/C worked very well and we always had hot water. We booked a Junior Ocean view Suite; we had a terrific view of the ocean from our room on the first floor with a walkout to the beach.
The resort is very picturesque. Our favorite location was the main pool area along with the love bar. The resort pools and beach are very nice. Juanillo beach is very scenic; this is where we did the horseback ride excursion.
At times the lobby was warm due to a lack of A/C, a cool breeze every now and then would cool it down a bit.
Mosquitoes were a small problem at times in the evening but we brought repellent with us. So it would be wise to bring some.
Overall, I would highly recommend this resort. Sure, there were some issues but they were minor and no different than those we encountered at the other resorts we have visited. If you visit this resort, you will not be disappointed. We plan to return to the resort as often as possible, we liked it that well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort