The property was beautiful. The staff in all restaurants was the most attentive and personable we've ever encountered. Raul and Marlene were among the best. The bartenders at the pool bar were not nice but not very professional and couldn't make a mudslide if their life depended on it. The staff at the other bars was fine.
The room we booked (4 months in advance) was not available so management upgraded us to a Tower MiniSuite with a view of a parking lot. The room was a far as you can get from the beach and common facilities. We complained right away and were upgraded once more to a garden villa. If not for the broken AC in the bedroom and the constant swarm of mosquitoes (something never experienced in 12 years of traveling to the islands), it would have been very nice. The following day we finally got the room we booked. Not too big, not to small, and perfect distance from the common facilities.
All in all, it took us 3 of our 5 nights here to begin to like the place. That was mostly due to a horde of conference folks from Pirelli finally check out and getting over disappointing aspects like; a very small beach, no water sports at all, no night life, constant construction noise all day. We also met some very nice couples along the way, who shared similar experiences and perspectives.
I would imagine that Secrets is working very hard to bring this place up to speed, but for not it's not quite there yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort