“Great trip!”

Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
Ranked #37 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our first all-inclusive and first trip to the Dominican Republic. Have to say that we loved Sanctuary Cap Cana. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. We stayed in the castle and were very pleased with our room, the view was magnificent. We were only able to eat at two of the restaurants but both were good (steakhouse and Blue Marlin). Most meals we ate at the buffet which was good and provided something different everyday. Loved the birds hooked on Splenda.

The staff is what made the trip for us. I am sure that I will screw the names up but here goes. Margarita #1 and #2 at the pool bar were excelente! Bernardo and Johanna (and the smaller lady) at the Love Bar were excellent. Menor was great for the entertainment, don't miss the water aerobics. Ramon was very helpful and very entertaining. Also would like to give cudos to the gentleman who resolved our internet problem.

Overall we had a great time and will come back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities. As you mentioned, our team work is our most valuable value, our staff is always ready to go the extra mile, in order to provide an excellent service and to transform your vacations into memorable moments. I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I will share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that our guest appreciates there service.

We look forward to see you soon at our Sanctuary!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I am just returning from a 5 day trip to Sanctuary Cap Gana, Punta Cana. It was a wonderful resort and the overworked staff (some work 13 days, 12 hour shifts without 1 day off) were very hospitable especially Donelson (front desk), Rebecca (hostess) and Junior (pool boy). The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were in a villa which was very spacious and overlooked the ocean. Do take bug spray with you.
Some negative points were that there were hardly any premium liquor or any actual good liquor (seemed like every drink was weak). You had to pay for wine which started at $30 per bottle. For lunch and breakfast was pretty much the same food everyday. The front desk manager was less customer friendly then the front desk staff. And the worst was dealing with Fermin the excursions person. He and his manager are there only to make $. They lied to get us to purchase the tours and once we did, nothing they said happened the way it should. They were not willing to correct the situation either. The manager was actually on the phone with me while he was at some sort of party telling me he could do nothing and he was ok with loosing business. Do not trust him get things in writing- he should actually be retrained or switched to another job. We would have been satisfied with some $ back per family but no they were insistent on being correct and not concerned about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank jackieasha

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, your room and the service. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality.

Also, I would like to tank you for your recommendations, our guest’s opinion are very important for us, this the only way that we can know about your preferences and improve our service, thank you very much for your notes, have sent your comments to the corresponding managers in order to take them under consideration and improve the procedures at the mentioned departments.

We hope to have the honor to host you again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed here June 29th-July6th and had a wonderful time. The place was beautiful, the food was terrific and the staff was amazing!
I would definitely recommend this resort!
The entertainment- David and the entertainment staff kept the fun rolling! Thanks for the 4th of July party that was really special! I even learned to salsa! if only I could move my hips like David!

The food-all were equally good. Had a great meal at the Blue Marlin, The Steakhouse, Wok and The Italian restaurant. The buffet was terrific too! Dominican night was extremely nice!

The room-It was very nice, yes a little musty but it is a older building and it is in a humid climate..what do you expect?? I loved when we came back to room each night and the bed was turned down, my slippers were layed out and a fresh bottle of water was placed at my bedside. A real nice touch!

The staff-The managers reception was a terrific idea. it was great to get to know who is running this wonderful place. Each staff member should be commended. We never wanted for anything. Inoska is the most friendly hostess you will ever meet, we just loved her! Carlos and Miguel were the best pool bartenders ever!

The guests-Hello my new Kalamazoo Michigan friends!! Thanks for making the trip even more fun! Way to go #2!!

A wonderful time!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at Sanctuary, as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude; therefore I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to fulfill all your needs.

Thank you for the great review and for recommending our hotel to future travelers.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely stunning scenery and views. Walking around the grounds you feel as if you are in a Spanish villa. Everyone was helpful and very pleasant. There was a language barrier being from the US but that can be expected.
Now a few issues were that Verizon gets no cell phone signal there! I was told it was a deadzone there! Not a good thing when you are out of the country wanting to keep in touch with family. I wish this was mentioned prior so I could have made other arrangements!
Also it as advertised as adults only! Not even close! Kids everywhere! Not that i don't like children..i have three beautiful kids. But we were trying to get away from that for a few days for an unwinding period of our hectic lives! We asked why they advertise adults only if it is not and they said they never changed it on their website!
Other than the two negatives I really thought it was a great trip. If we ever go back to Punta Cana we would definitely stay there again..because we know what to expect.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelley R
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

The comments and suggestion of our guest’s are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I greatly appreciate the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana

I am glad to hear that your vacation have been better than you expected and it is clear to me that we have achieved our goal. Notwithstanding, your comments on improvement areas will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again at

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review as I'm sitting at the Zoetry Punta Cana resort. What a breath of fresh air from the Sanctuary! We left the "hotel from hell" a few days into our wedding/honeymoon and for good reasons. Problems arose the minute we got there. Of course they played the switcharoo room game (Where we confirmed our room a million times before arriving and yet it was booked for the first two days so they gave us an "upgrade"). We said ok and went with it thinking it would be this amazing room from the honey room suite we initially booked (I'll get to this "upgrade" room in a bit). We agreed to the upgrade then Alexander ran our credit card. What happened next baffled me. He claimed no receipt came out of the credit card machine so he would need to run it again and again and again. Declined! I called the credit card company right away and confirmed that the first transaction went through and approved. Alexander continued to argue with me so I passed the phone over to him where the customer service rep confirmed again that the transaction was approved and even gave him the transaction ID number. Well, this wasn't good enough for Alex and there was no way in hell that I was giving him another card. Hector, the manager, came around and was not a whole lot of help either. He too was trying to tell us that the transaction didn't go through and blah blah blah. After an hour of dealing with this crap, he finally let us go to our room to relax and said we'll deal with it another day. Now the "upgrade". A one bedroom castle suite that was so beat up it looked like a college dorm, AC was not working properly, dirty, dirty, dirty! So there we were at the front desk again with Alexander who claimed there were no other rooms available in the hotel and just to wait it out for 24 hrs while maintenance fixed it. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! I was surely at my boiling point and after crying and making a scene, a villa magically appeared. That was the first and last of a good night sleep while staying at this dump. Anyway, we finally were moved to our honeymoon suite the following day which was not all that great. It was also really uncomfortable being around Hector and the front staff after everything that happened. No one should feel that way on their honeymoon. Food was not that great throughout our staying. My In-laws were sick the entire time, stomach issues. Needless to say, the negative reviews are correct. Please don't waste your time or money here. Now, back to the impeccable service, amazing food and gorgeous clean rooms of the Zoetry hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank tcwap

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience during your visit and any inconveniences that thus may have caused, know that your feedback is very important for us, day after day we put a lot of effort and dedication in providing our guests the best quality service as they well deserve.

I have followed up with our team your stay, and I would like to clarify the following points:

Concerning your In-laws stomach issues, I must to point out that at Sanctuary Cap Cana, works with established hygiene and sanitation standards, which are being monitored continuously. On another hand, I asked to our medical center a report of guest who reported symptoms like yours during your stay, we have not found any claim from guests with this issue.

Regarding your first impression on arrival and about the credit card issue, our Reception Manager, Mr. Hector Alfaro informs that your card was passed by verifone and the transaction was not approved giving the message to try again. When they try again the verifone gave a erroneus message, so we proceeded to throw a detail of the general consumption of the verifone throught theday, and your transacion was not in records, due you inform to us that your bank confirmed to you that the transacion had been processed, we indicated to you that we could continue this process after later, and we made the check-in and take you to your room to into and your room to start enjoying your holiday.

I personally assure you that we are committed to achieving our complete customer satisfaction; it is for this reason that we offered several options to improve your feelings. However, the necessary measures have been already taken to avoid this type of situations in the future.

Once again I extend you my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I don't even know where to begin! Everything from beginning to end was perfection. I will begin with Hector the manager. What an amazing, nice, friendly, professional guy! I emailed him before our arrival to let him know that it was my husbands 40th and I wanted everything to be perfect. He said no problem! And it was NO PROBLEM! Upon arrival we were greeted with smiling, friendly faces and a cold cocktail! We grabbed a wonderful lunch then we were driven to our room on a golf cart. I originally booked a honeymoon suit with private pool in the castle building. Imagine our surprise when we were taken to the very top floor of the castle! We were upgraded to the castle suite overlooking the gorgeous ocean and castle pool bar! We had our own private pool. You could see the entire property! Our room was incredible! Separate living area, gorgeous spacious bathroom and comfy king bed! We could have stayed in that suite the entire 8 days! Room service was top notch! Richard went above and beyond each and every time he delivered our food. He treated us so well everyday. I hated saying good bye to him on our last morning. We will forever remember him and his kind heart. I requested a special private dinner for my husbands birthday. I wanted to have it at the Blue Marlin on the pier and they delivered! Ernesto was our waiter and he made everything perfect! Food was amazing! Martha was our waitress by the pool and our glasses were never empty! she took great care of us with a sweet smile! The entire staff was amazing! I could go on and on but I will end with saying that we will be back! Absolute perfection and paradise!

Room Tip: Request the castle rooms! The castle suite is 4003! Perfection!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsgirlk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is the first review I have ever written.

I had for a couple weeks before we arrived, been corresponding with Hector, who is in charge of reservations. I let him know that we were having the honeymoon we never had.

Even though I told our bank that we were traveling, they still flagged our credit card when tried to check in. Of course it was late Saturday and the bank was closed until Monday. So I am in a different country with a credit card that won't work. It was a very stressful situation. In comes Enrique.... He is the in charge of Sanctuary. He asked what the problem was, gave me his card, and said it was all taken care of. He told me to enjoy myself and come back at my convenience on Monday when my bank opened, to take care of the balance. So thank you Enrique, a lot, for taking the stress away! Many times during the week, he made sure to stop me and ask if I was enjoying my vacation.

Hector as well stopped us many times to see if everything was to our satisfaction(It was!) He did a great job with a honeymoon sign and an amazing room.

We stayed there over the 4th of July. We were not expecting much on the fourth, because of course we were in the Dominican, but they threw an amazing 4th of July party for their guests from the USA. Great drinks, and great entertainment.

The people at Sanctuary are amazing.

In the Lobby, Alexander and Donald do a great job. They are very friendly and love to talk baseball. Their favorite team is Boston(Big Poppy),

We had a great experience with Inoska. She was the hostess with the mostest, at the different restaurants. We saw her at breakfast, lunch and many dinners. It seemed whatever restaurant we chose she was there working. She does a great job of making you feel welcome. She also tutored us on our Spanish when we struggled(which was often).

The bar staff was awesome as well. Our favorite was Dimitrio in the Steakhouse. He was very nice and was always one step ahead. We never had to wait for a drink.

One of my concerns in a resort is boredom. Not here.....David(Edwardo....haha), Roberto, Menar, and Caileigh, always had activities to do and always made them fun. I am not one to sit still for very long and they made it so I didn't have to. The entertainment team could dance, they were hugely funny, and very personable. They knew our names by about the 3rd day, which was one more thing to make you feel important there.

Other staff we enjoyed were Larry(Waiter), Juan Jr(Waiter)., Raul(Food Service), and Kevin(Steakhouse Waiter) and the whole swim up bar team. They work very hard and do a great job! I am sorry if I left anyone out, but the team here does a great job from top to bottom.

The last thing is the architecture and the grounds. They are immaculate! It is beautiful everywhere and the architecture is amazing!

Thank you Sanctuary!

Room Tip: Loved our Room. 3029
1  Thank Kyle K

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for the mention and recognition to our associates; they work very hard to please all our guests. All our team has the strong committed with all our guests in achieve the total satisfaction and always look for your wellbeing, we are very happy to read that, once again, we accomplish that goal with you during your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon in this your Sanctuary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#85 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!