“What a place !!”

Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Okotoks, Canada
“What a place !!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was the best place ever! The nicest staff . A special thank you to Raul and Daniis. They made our stay very comfortable and unforgettable!! Thank you for everything. Dan and Kimberly Meyer
Okotoks, Alberta Canada

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for share on Trip Advisor your recent experience in our Sanctuary.

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. We want to guarantee a vacation that will be unforgettable. Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of efforts. Please tell your friends about our hotel.

Ignacio Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,274)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

great golf, great hotel, great food, this place is great. I got a little house on the beach, so gorgeous and perfect. Not a lot of english spoken here but its worth it. the staff is fabulous, the golf course magnificent and the resort property is unbelievable. Run , don't walk to this place if you are going to the DR. I didn't do the all inclusive, because I don't eat much or drink alcohol but that sounds like a deal if you like to eat and drink.....

Room Tip: love the houses on the beach, the one next to mine has a private pool!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at Sanctuary, as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude; therefore I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to fulfill all your needs.

Thank you for the great review and for recommending our hotel to future travelers.

South Portland, ME
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have to put it right out there my husband and I just came back from the best trip we have every had in our lives! It was simply sensational! I need to start out be saying we travel quite a bit and we have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico. No one has topped this hotel. And it really comes down to the people they have working at Sanctuary. Everyone is very hard working and super friendly, they all really made the trip for us. So, I want to start out with Enrique Ventura; he is the director of services. He is a professional through and through. He greeted us when we first came in with a huge smile and even sent us a nice bottle of white wine the first night at the Blue Marlin. He even shook my hand when we left and walked us to the van. Great guy! Then I want to give a shout out to Jose Alberto at the Blue Marlin who was always cheerful whenever we saw him and helped me to learn more spanish. He couldn't have been nicer or made our dinner experience more enjoyable for our stay! Brenda at the front desk is another star team player that Enrique has working for him. She is always smiling and is so helpful. She even up graded us to the swim up room in the castle (WHICH WE LOVED!!!). That was one thing that really made our trip as well, the room. Then I want to mention Joanqina the manager of the housekeeping in the castle. She always has warm smile when I saw her and was nice enough to let me look around in the beautiful rooms when no one was around. Our maid that did our room was just the sweetest person making towel animals and putting flowers in our room. She kept room 1044 SPOTLESS! She was a real SWEET HEART! Every day she made a special towel animal for us. I also want to say a special thanks to Valentina for laughing at my bad jokes. I want to mention Briellim's service, waiter at the italian restaurant, excellent to details and very friendly. Also my friends up at the rooftop pool of the castle were great bartenders. Though you would be hard pressed to find a bad bartender there. Oh, before I forget Isaac Cugto, the bartender, at the Blue Marlin made the best electric lemonades of our life; my husband is still talking about them.I hope I am not forgetting anyone, they all made us feel like family and went above and beyond for use in terms of service and friendliness!

Now lets get to the hotel. It was amazing. Each area was themed so the was a spanish colonial area, there where beachfront cabanas and there was my favorite the castle. (it was so neat).
This place has something for everyone. The architecture was gorgeous! We stayed in room 1044 which was a swim up moat room. I was so heavenly to get up every morning and swim in the luxurious pool, it was like a dream. The castle was just so unique, it had a waterfall feature in the middle that kept the area constantly cool. We did the spa (Impeccable). Juanillo beach was right next store to our room, it's a post card come to life. Next time we go back I think that I was to stay in a beach front cabana on the other side of the resort though because I found a spot over the that was to die for!!!! It has the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, and I've seen quit a few. Everyday we went there, there were a few weddings on this gorgeous beach. It was so private a gorgeous find to just relax and enjoy the scenery. That was my favorite spot and really just made the whole trip!! AMAZEBALLS!!!

The food was right on at every restaurant we went to and we went to them all!! My two favorite were the Blue Marlin and the WOK. I love asian food. Taste, texture, presentation spot one. There is a real consistence of the food at Sanctuary.
It's 10 minutes from the airport which is nice. I have paid more for all-inclusives but never gotten this service. They are heads above an Excellence resort or an Iberostar Palace. You are not a number at sanctuary you are a person they remember. I know this has a lot to do with the size they have about 180 rooms but it is all so they people and the way the run the resort. The only place I I have been that comes close is El Dorado Maroma in the Yucatan. But, to really boil it down from a seasoned traveler this place has one of the nicest beach in the D.R., the people and service were spectacular, and food makes my mouth water thinking about it. I can't tell you how happily surprised we we with Sanctuary. I almost don't want to tell anyone about it so we can keep it for ourselves. Also, it was as full occupancy when we were there and we felt like we were in our own private resort. That is even what our friends asked when the saw our pictures. I have just had the warm relaxed glow since we got back that I never want to go away. Bottom line best resort in Punta Cana. Thanks for the great vacation! Everyone should go and have a nice relaxing time. This place is great to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery in a unique place. The staff is caring, thoughtful and always cheerful. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

This resort is for people who want to relax enjoy the company of new found friends and experience a unique experience!!

HATS off to the staff….we love you! Again, thanks for our dream vacation!!

Room Tip: 1044 is the swim out rooms!!
2 Thank RyanF861
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience at our Sanctuary, we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the service provided for all our staff. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our first trip to DR. We never had a honeymoon so we decided on booking the Sanctuary due to all the positive reviews of this resort. Let me start out with the CON. When we arrived there after a long flight. Upon checking in they had over booked for the night and decided to ship us over to Alsol Village (sister location). We were surprised and had no idea what was going on. When Hector told us about the bad news we were ready to head back home to MN because we were just so frustrated and tired by this time. It took us 3hours from Sanctuary to Asol to finally get settled into our room. A lot of waiting in line because everyone was checking in. We were upset, tired, and hungry. We did make the best of it that evening and let loose at the beach party thanks to the great entertainment there and the host red bull. The dinner at Asol was buffet style but the food was grand and delicious. (My favorite food the entire trip.) Their breakfast was better than Sanctuary in my opinion.

On to the PROs: so after being told our room was booked for the night. Hector surprised us with a romantic dinner by the beach and four nights complimentary to compensate for the lost. We really appreciated the offer however by this time we were skeptical. We did get our complimentary dinner by the beach. It was actually in the Blue Merlin but we had that one room far from the rest of the place to ourselves over looking the sea. We had a private butler, romantic music playing, the sound of the ocean as well, and the four course dinner was truly amazing. My husband and I felt like Kings and Queens that evening. Thanks Hector for this and our butler William who was so nice and sincere. I did get a proof of certificate for our complimentary stay so I hope everything will hold up.

We got the Jr Suite in the castle with the view of the ocean. It was jaw dropping stunning. The most beautiful view of the ocean. Its going to be hard to want to travel anywhere in the world to get this view at an affordable price. We were carted in a golf cart to our room which was so nice. House keeping left flowers everyday on our towels and bed. This was so sweet and it made me truly feel like a princess. The grounds of the resort was gorgeous. No bad view anywhere from this resort. The color of the water was breath taking. I mean the pro's out weigh the cons. Despite the fact that we had such a bad experience checking in, which it can't get any worse than ours and by the end of our trip we were loving everything the resort had to offer. From the front desk, to the bartenders, waiters, servers, bell boys, concierge. They are so nice and go out of their way to make you feel special and welcome. The hospitality here was amazing along with the beautiful resort. Thank you for making our stay a positive one and we're going to tell all our family and friends to come here to experience what Sanctuary has to offer. Definitely choose Sanctuary you will not leave home disappointed and the plus to this is its only a 15min ride from and to the airport. Most resorts I've researched are as nice and is quite a distance. Make Sanctuary your next vacation and home away from home.

1 Thank JENNY V
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having shared your impressions.

As regards the situation presented by the overbooking during the stay that you had reserved, it should be note that the overbooking is not a common policy in our hotel, I would like to assure you that the occurred is not in anyway representative of our overall service; we ask your understanding for these situations that occur in every hotel around the world, although it is not a daily thing at ours.

Thank you a lot for the confidence placed in us to celebrate your Honeymoon with us, for recommending us to property to other travelers, and for your compliments; I feel proud and grateful to hear that your experience with us left a memorable.

At Sanctuary Cap Cana we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to hear that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This property is a nice place to go and unwind. The rooms are close to the pool and the beach and the restaurants. The staff is friendly and we knew each other by name by the time we left. There are plenty of seats around the pool and the beach. The all inclusive food was as nice as pay as you go. My only suggestion to the property would be to add more kinds of alcoholic beverages to the mini bar other than just beer.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the water. The view is beautiful!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

New York City
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Just a follow up to my previous review which was written while I was on vacation. Now that I have been home for a month I find myself wishing I was back at the sanctuary. The rest of our time in Punta Cana was excellent, relaxing and fun. We enjoyed some great nighttime entertainment including acoustic guitar musician, local dancers and singers. Everyday we enjoyed sitting at a different pool or beach. We ventured out to zip line only 5 min from the hotel. And above all, made some lasting friendships with managers such as Hector and Metz. They are now taking care of some friends we recommended to go there. It's not often you receive such personal, genuine service!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Madison, WI
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently returned from a 6 day trip to Sanctuary Cap Cana and it did not disappoint. The entertainment staff (Keila especially) made our visit even more excellent. We were able to completely relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Punta Cana. Would absolutely return to this resort again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view room. It is entirely worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank runner95
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having shared your impressions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!