“Awesome”

Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My gf and I were down for a short 3 night stay. It was so awesome, had a monarch villa on the south side with a back deck opening to a beach. I saw 4 people on that beach over 4 days. Incredible sunrises, the villa was nice. Comfy bed and decent living room and bath. The water in the shower was never hot enough for me, but oh well.
Casa Bella was the go-to place for meals including a breakfast, a Dominican night and a couple times to their buffet. The steak place nailed it. Not a steak guy, but it was delicious. The blue marlin on the ocean is very nice too.
The staff is friendly, I spent $80 on a couple necklaces for the kids and $40 on a couple Cuban cigars and that was it besides the tipping I like to do ($5/meal approx.)
The pools were nice, not crowded, but not empty either, perfect relaxing adult vaca. There were a couple children but barely any.
The facilities are beautiful, it is so picturesque, I took a hundred pics on my phone and camera and video camera. My best vaca in a long time.

Room Tip: The monarch villa doesn't have an outdoor hottub or pool, but otherwise is perfect. The royalty...
2 Thank WaynesTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,248)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ontario
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter and I took a trip here as a getaway after she graduated college. We were both looking for total relaxation, quiet with beautiful surroundings where we could get first class service and quality food, drink and ameneties, we found it all here at Sanctuary.
Staff are the most polite and caring people I have ever experienced, shout out to Junior, an absolute sweetheart who mixed p delicious drinks every day and brought them to us on the beach.
This is the place you go to when you want to do nothing but relax, breath, take in the gorgeous surroundings and enjoy great service, lovely rooms and pools around very corner. There is always room around the pool, on the beach, which is a small private beach and tons of towels, no silly bracelet required and no bracelet at all like at most resorts. This one has class.
Night life is limited, don't go here if you are looking to party. Most visitors are couples of all ages, its not geared towards families with young kids, its for your honeymoon, anniversary, or a girl trip or a mother/daughter bonding trip.
You will love the main pool, the steak house, the premium drinks, the quiet, the staff, the place and grounds, I would definitely recommend this, so long as night life is not that important to you.

Room Tip: Lots of room choice, the castle rooms are nice, make sure you lock the balcony door if you are on th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 67fifi
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at Sanctuary, as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude; therefore I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to fulfill all your needs.

Thank you for the great review and for recommending our hotel to future travelers.

We look forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times, and I have never been disappointed! Great service and very helpful! and everyone is so friendly. There is wonderful restaurants & perfect views! also very family friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda G
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for extending us your kind compliments about our property. It is a pleasure to know all your expectations were exceeded. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your all the times you have stayed at Sanctuary.

We look forward to see you soon at our Sanctuary!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My closest friend and I picked Sanctuary Capcana from a deal in Orbitz. We went in May 2013, and stayed for approximately 4 days/3 nights. The resort is heavenly beautiful just as the pictures are portrayed. It is quiet and peaceful. If you need a place to get away for some r & r (rest and relaxation), this is the place! The resort is huge, and very scenic. Their infinity pool was my favorite place to relax for hours, which was empty and I was able to chill. I personally experienced a severe episode of motion sickness / vertigo and was ill as soon as I got to the island. I arrived to the resort and they called me for the Dr on site. She took care of me, the staff at the front were so respectful and helped me go to both the clinic and the room. The Dr. with concerned urged me to go to the hospital (due to my low heart rate) which I kindly denied since this happened before. She genuinely cared and was concerned and was respectful when I declined. Her English was perfect and was so personable. How amazing! The concierge - Katerina, was such an angel. She followed up with me after I returned to my room and throughout my entire stay. She was so personable, and an absolute pleasure to have met. She made me laugh and made me feel so secure, comfortable and safe. What an amazing group of angels this resort staffs. I could not have asked for better people to be around. I felt as though they were all guardian angels. Everyone in the resort knew my friend and I and always asked how I was feeling. Not once did we run into a staff in the resort without an inviting greeting and a smile.

We ordered room service every morning. The serving portions were inconsistent as we ordered the same things, but they were still great! Presentation was awesome. Fruits were fresh. If I wanted more, they were so delightful to send more food (cereal)!

The rooms were HUGE and roomy, very clean, the bed was very very comfortable, the weather was perfect! This resort is SUPER PRIVATE. You feel like a celebrity!

We also met an amazing taxi cab driver named Sadie. If you ever go, please request him! He was the only one who was able to speak English, and he was able to show us around Bavaro. He didn't charge as much as the other cab drivers either when we requested to go to Bavaro beach and the nightlife. He was too an angel, who took care of us and was our chauffeur! Sad we met him the night before our last day!

I would recommend this place if you are going to just relax. It is a little distant from Punta Cana - Bavaro area where all the malls, nightlife is (about 30 min taxi ride). The beach is small too, but private and very safe! But again, I would go back here if I returned to Punta Cana ! Thank you Sanctuary Cap Cana for an amazing memorable experience! I could have tears if I think about the amount of service and genuine care I received from your staff. I will forever cherish all that your resort has given me and I pray that your company continues to keep the same values and morals! Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, your room, the food and the service. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. Our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests in memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

We hope you will visit us again at this, your Sancturary.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was a very nice stay back in August. Got upgraded to the honey moon suite since our room was already booked, seems to be common there. If we went again, would only stay in the upscale suites or honeymoon suites since this is the best way to stay on the resort. Beach is not to fabulous but again, if you get the suites it will definitely make up for it. Menor is the best, full of energy and hysterical! Ask for him when you go!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff. We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, is for this motive that our team is always ready to go the extra mile; and it becomes a reward for us every time we read the wonderful reviews and mentions of our guests. I will share your feedback with the Menor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at this, your Sanctuary.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My fiance and I just returned from a seven day trip to the Sanctuary. There were plenty of taxies to take us the 10-15 min drive to the hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted with a cold washclotch and fruit punch which was very delicious. The entire staff was overly friendly and helpful the entire stay. They always had smiles upon their faces and a friendly comment.. The grounds and rooms were kept very clean and the bed was comfortable. Spectacular view from the rooms. The swim up bar was great and the weather was beautiful. The grounds had a beach but we were only walking distance away from a much bigger public beach. Not much for night life but we were there to relax so that was fine with us. I do want to mention several employees that seemed to go above and beyond. The waiters/bartenders Kelvin, Junior and Wenston were so very nice. The entertainment committee of Menole, Crazy Boy, Rocky Balboa and Teddy Bear made being poolside and the games a great time. We do plan on traveling back to this resort again.

Room Tip: I was told that October through January were very busy times. We went in September and there were no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for share on Trip Advisor your recent experience in our Sanctuary.

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. We want to guarantee a vacation that will be unforgettable. Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of efforts. Please tell your friends about our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kyle, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent three nights Sep 15-18. First, it is only 10 or 15 minutes from the airport which is great. The resort in Spanish Colonial which we found very nice. This felt like being in a Spanish village on the hillside next to the ocean. The privacy is great. Our room was ground floor ocean front. Beautiful room with nice patio. Very roomy. I have to say that this maid staff did the best towel art we have ever seen. In general, the staff was great. They were helpful, friendly, and couldn't do enough for you. I can't remember all the names but Saul and Jose Miguel at the bellman station were more than great. Saul tok us on a tour of the various rooms, suites, and villas they have. Saul answered so many questions for us and Jose Miguel assisted us when we departed, a la Carte dinners were excellent! The Steakhouse was great. The Blue Marlin was our favorite for lunch. Lunch out over the water, what's not to like! Italian isn't our fave but the Italian was very very good. And finally, the Japanese was great also. Breakfast buffet was good and the setting outside or in was a nice option. We did outside and had fun watching the birds ability to open a sugar packet with ease. The grounds were so manicured and perfect. The beach is small but the public beach is next door and quiet for morning walks. Ignacio, the GM was hands on making sure al was well. He asked us whenever he saw us if things were good. Some folks say there is no nightlife. That is sort of true but that is why we selected it!

Room Tip: Ocean front doesn't mean ocean view. Ocean view does. The castle has the newer rooms. Fortress i...
1 Thank jbrecher
Dear Guest,

Thank you for share on Trip Advisor your recent experience in our Sanctuary.

We are very glad to learn that you had a wonderful vacations, it is a pleasure to read that you
enjoyed our facilities and service. Our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests in memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

We hope you will visit us again at this, your Sancturary.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 111 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!