This is our second stay at the Sanctuary. We first came some weeks after its opening a few years ago; the management changed 2 or 3 times since then, and it seems it finally attracts customers now (we were 6 clients on our first trip !!!).
The hotel itself is somptuous, beautifully designed and decored. The architects did an admirable work, and the construction was well executed (which is very rare in this country !). The gardens, beaches and landscaping are perfect too.
We booked 2 adjoining suites (we came with our 3 girls) : nothing to say or complain about it, it was perfect. The breakfast was very good, with excellent service. The bar in the lobby was good, even if the staff still needs some training. Perfect japanese restaurant.
Kind and helpful staff in general.
HUGE DRAWBACK : this quiet and high luxury hotel, where it seems that people come to relax and rest quietly, has very cheap entertainment at the main pool (there are 3 but close to each other !), with very bad music (quality wise - the sound comes from a small ipod connected by a cable to 2 cheap speakers) and REALLY TOO LOUD. It is unbelievable that no manager realized that most clients there were bothered by this low end animation, disturbing noise and cheap animator; even my girls (13, 11 and 5) were annoyed by this romp, laughing at this out of place joke. We decided to take place at the second pool for more quiet rest, but we could not even read or relax quietly in that pool either, the sound was SO STRONG AND DISTURBING that we came back to our rooms !
This is not an hotel for entertainment, and not for all kids neither. the management has to understand that the atmosphere of this hotel has to be in line with the luxury of the settings; anyway it is too small for loud disturbances, since even on the beach you could not find a quiet place because it is too small.
Very good cocktails and excellent and friendly service at the pool bar.
The Marlin restaurant was good at lunch, but the service was erratic and it seemed to us (we ate there twice) that there were no manager there, or a very bad one ! It's a shame because it is beautiful, with good food and exceptional views. This point has to be adressed too.
Apart of this, everything was very good.
I strongly recommend the Sanctuary Cap Cana (maybe not to families or big parties) for a quiet or romantic holiday. Of course if they get rid of this cheap animation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort