Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana

Excellent service, Excellent room
Excellent food!!!!!! Feels like home!!!! Love it !!! I will be back again!!!!
Every restaurant is great,
The wine is excellent, not the cheap one !!!
The bakery is exquisite and the Italian restaurant is very good, a part of Italy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for extending us your kind compliments about our property.

It is a pleasure to know all your expectations were exceeded. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

Ignacio Perez

Write a ReviewReviews (5,050)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is it!!! We researched many places and nothing really caught our eye as anything special until we came across this one. We decided to book and were not disappointed. The staff, beauty of the grounds, food, rooms (exceptional!), drinks, service, and entertainment were just amazing. I have to mention my favorite staff members although everyone was wonderful. Inoska (hostess) was friendly, professional, beautiful and fun. She always made us feel welcome and even remembered our room number when we forgot. Bernardo (swim up bartender) was also fun, professional and a pleasure to see every day. Manuel (server) was so pleasant and smiling every day. Joanna (Love Bar Cocktail waitress) was so much fun to watch dancing around. We visited her nightly and she was always smiling and bubbly! I must say that the person I looked forward to seeing most on a daily basis was Christian (the omelette chef). His smile made my day always!!! He made the most indredible omelettes and went out of his way to get me jalapenos every day. I will miss you most of all.
Do not hesitate to book this trip. You will NOT be disappointed. I have never wanted to go back to the same resort twice because there is so much to choose from but we are looking forward to booking again next year.

Room Tip: I recommend the Castle if you are traveling without children. They showed us several rooms upon chec...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

Our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests in memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

We hope you will visit us again at this, your Sancturary.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were at Sanctuary for 1 week in July. We normally only stay at 5 star resorts, and this is the first time that we went to an all-inclusive. Not knowing what to expect, we were a little apprehensive. The grounds are beautiful, and well maintained. The pool with swim-up bar is wonderful. The staff is incredible. They are there for you 100%. Your wine glass is never empty, your chair at meals is pulled out for you, and napkin placed in your lap. I have to mention a few of the staff: Jillian, Manuel, Julio, Sesse, Margarita, Christian, and Teddy Bear.
The rooms need renovating, and I am sure that will happen. It was a great trip, and we will return next summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for share on Trip Advisor your recent experience in our Sanctuary.

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. We want to guarantee a vacation that will be unforgettable.

Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of efforts. Please tell your friends about our hotel!!!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Sanctuary, cap cana. Me and my couple don't get tired. The rooms the food and the great beach. Calm and relax. The pools are very comforting and the piano bar is a great place. the staff are fenomenal, make you feel home. A great get away

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Sanctuary for his birthday in June of 2013, we spend our short week in this beautiful resort. The beach inside of resort is not that big, but there is a HUGE public beach just behind the castle~ beautiful white sand.
Food and drinks was amazing~ they are not cheap on their alcohol, one cocktail can knock me down~ When I ask for water, the staffs would make fun of me and told me that water is only for fish:)
We love seafood, so we spent most of our nights at blue Marlin, we tried almost everything on the menu, 5 STARS for the food. We had the same server name" SEFERINO" served us 4 nights in row. He is very funny and friendly.

OUR most favourite thing is the activities in the resort. Everyday have different games at the beach, my husband won a bottle of rum from the game~
TEDDY BEAR is the entertainment manager, he is such a sweet guy~ on our last day stay in resort, we told him that we will miss the volleyball game since usually it played in the afternoon but we are leaving by noon; he arranged one game in the morning for us! That was really thoughtful! I heard he speaks 7 languages, wow~ Teddy is the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel W

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities. As you mentioned, our team work is our most valuable value, our staff is always ready to go the extra mile, in order to provide an excellent service and to transform your vacations into memorable moments.

I know that my colleagues, especially Teddy Bear and Serefino will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I will share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that our guest appreciates there service.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and spent a week at the Sanctuary in June 2013. It was for our 10th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful week in paradise. The hotel staff is excellent, and they really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.

My wife is vegetarian, so I emailed the resort a few weeks in advance to see what kind of vegetarian options would be available for her. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, Enrique (hotel manager, I think) greeted us in the lobby and told us that the chefs would be more than able to accommodate our needs. The choice of restaurants is really nice; the only problem is that there is a rotating schedule each night for which restaurants are open. I loved the Steakhouse; unfortunately for me it was only open twice (I think)! Food options were way better than what I had expected. I am not a "foody" and so my standards may not be as high as other, more-seasoned travelers, but I was very happy. We enjoyed eating at the Wok and at Capriccio (my wife really enjoyed the pizza there). One of our final nights there was "Dominican Night" at the Blue Marlin, which was very tasty. The morning breakfast buffet was always excellent. I do wish that they had more varieties of fresh fruit (we only got to eat mango once all week). Try out the smoothies! You give them whichever fruits you want and they create a really nice, refreshing morning smoothie. They play a lot of "Bossonova" music at breakfast... think of Pink Floyd, Zepplin or the Rolling Stones sung by a jazz singer in a swanky 50's era nightclub. We loved the music so much that we actually asked the DJ (Melvin) about it, and he transferred almost 150 songs to our iPad!

The hotel grounds are simply stunning. Our hotel room was over in the castle side, room 1034. We loved our room. I had notified the hotel in advance that it was our anniversary trip; when we arrived, they had upgraded us to that room. It was a ground level suite, very spacious and gorgeous. There was a large patio/deck for us to read and chill out on. The deck overlooked a small creek that would fill up with water as the ocean tide rose, and there was a wooden bridge over this creek that connected our room to a large grassy area with beach chairs and large 4 post bed-looking things that seemed perfect for meditation. We loved exploring the whole hotel. Lots of beautiful views to be had.

The pools are gorgeous. There are no fewer than 4 pools on the grounds (I may have missed one or two); most people either use the swim out bar pool next to the Blue Marlin restaurant or the pool on top of the castle. Drink service was everywhere, and was great. One criticism I have about the main pool area is that on two of the days that we were there, the resort had allowed some street vendors to come in and sell their jewelry/art/cigar/Mamajuana (alcoholic beverage, not "mary jane"). This was quite a nuisance, because I really did not appreciate being hassled by the vendors while trying to relax. Quite honestly, those guys should not be allowed on the property because they are super annoying.

I wouldn't call the Sanctuary an adults-only resort, because there were kids there, but there isn't too much for children to do there, except swim. There is a little daycare/camp area on the resort property which looked like fun, but as we were there without kids, I don't know any details.

The hotel also has a nice gym with a few treadmills, elliptical and weight machines. I loaded up my iPad with a few workout videos that I have and had plenty of space for that. The spa is also great for relaxation, although the men's bathroom could have been a little bit cleaner. There was a funny smell coming from the toilet/urinal area.

Overall, this was the most amazing resort that my wife and I have ever stayed in. The people are very kind and very sweet and go out of their way to help you. The room rate we paid ($332 total per night for all-inclusive) was a great value and well worth it. We will certainly return to the Sanctuary whenever we can. I have already been telling anyone and everyone who will listen that they should go visit the resort for an amazing stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zabadu
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Sanctuary for our honeymoon in August of 2012. It was amazing from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. I even cried a little because I didn't want to leave. We were there for 9 nights and stayed in the Monarch Villa on the beach. It was wonderful, even though there was a roach walking around a couple times. The staff was friendly and took care of the situation immediately. We didn't see any more after that! It's normal to find such things because after all, you're in a tropical environment. I'm a freak about bugs too! I was still comfortable and very much happy with everything. We stayed in one of the junior suites one night for safety because of a "storm" coming through. It was hurricane season, but the storm wasn't long and everything was fine. My husband and I were even impressed with the cheaper room we stayed in for that one night. We agreed that next time we go, we will book one of the cheaper rooms because there wasn't a bad room in the entire resort. They were ALL beautiful! Even though the Fortress/swim up suites part of the resort is closed during the off season, we still got a little tour of the massive property. I'd LOVE to see it when it's ALL up and running. If you ask, they're willing to give you a tour. You HAVE to see the suite with it's private island. Looks like something P. Diddy would stay in...amaaaazing.
The pool bar was my favorite place to be. Everyone that works there is WONDERFUL. You fall in love with them immediately and never want to leave. They never tell you "no". They always say, "let me see what I can do" if there's a question or favor you have. That's GREAT customer service. Speaking of service, the food and premium drinks were great too. We only had 2 restaurant choices most of the time because it was off season. We still enjoyed it and loved the food. We are a little picky about quality and this place blew us away. Even the room service was incredible. We loved ALL the food and the employees who worked there.
Just a note to remember, the casino, sushi place and spa were closed. I'm not sure if it was because of the off season or because it was being renovated. They created a make shift spa in one of the suites when we were there. We still had a wonderful couples massage. If those things are important to you, you may want to ask the resort what they will have open before you book. The property has a small beach area but you can easily walk to either side of the resort and you end up on miles of BEAUTIFUL beaches. I want to go back as I'm writing this. Such great memories that we will never forget. You won't regret staying here. Everything was perfect and better than I had imagined :) I almost forgot, the airport is only 10-15 minutes away from the resort. It was SUPER convenient and you couldn't even hear airplanes. You still felt far away from it all!

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous, clean and spacious. Not a bad room in the ENTIRE resort!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple