“Relaxing Getaway”

Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
West Palm Beach
“Relaxing Getaway”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We originally booked a Honeymoon Room with a splash pool. When we arrived they had upgraded us to a Monarch Beachfront Villa. The room was VERY nice and spacious. There were a few technical problems the next morning which we addressed with Brenda at the desk. She was very friendly and helpful. I also told her my husband wanted to see the honeymoon room with the pool because he was looking forward to that. They didn't have any to show us and after telling Brenda some of the issues with the Monarch she spoke with her boss and they upgraded us to a Honeymoon Villa smack on the Beach. It was insanely gorgeous!!!!! The bathroom was half inside and out. Really a great design. I sought out Menor on the beach to tell him he's so well spoken on Trip Advisor and he was so nice. Also to note, was Teddy Bear. My Hubby played Volleyball with him on the beach and he really seemed to love his job.

Food: We ate Italian the first night. I got the Lasagna and my Husband the Risotta. It was fabulous. The Blue Marlin was great for lunch. Wok was decent as was the Steakhouse.

Excursion: We did the Cigar making tour of the Island. Sanctuary is pretty far and most of the afternoon was in an uncomfortable Jeep. The tour was great but it could be condensed into half the time.

Beaches and Pools: Everyone says the Beach was small but I thought it was absolutely perfect. The Pool with the Swim up bar at the resort was my favorite. Hint: Bring sunscreen and anything else you may need because the Gift Shop on property is extremely expensive!!!!!

Spa: Wait till they have a deal and come around the Beach. The prices are a lot higher than in the states for a massage. One note about this resort. The only disappointment. What looks like a Jacuzzi at the pool is not. They do not have a hot tub on property or in the Spa. It was raining our first night and we were so excited to get into the bubbly looking jacuzzi off the pool and it was cold. They do not heat it. A luxury resort like this should have a hot tub.

Overall, this hotel is amazing and extremely worth the price for all inclusive. I actually think they should charge more. I can't believe I said that but it is completely true for what you get.

2 Thank princessdebbie
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful experience in our Sanctuary, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience and the service provided for all our staff.

We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, is for this motive that our team is always ready to go the extra mile; and it becomes a reward for us every time we read the wonderful reviews and mentions of our guests. I will share your feedback with the entire team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at this, your Sanctuary.

Ignacio Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,256)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from June 28 2013 until July 2, 2013 and my experience was great. For it to be my first time going to the Dominican Republic to a resort I have to honestly say that the staff at Sanctuary Cap Cana welcomes you with open arms. The staff is polite and very helpful. When me and my friends got to our room I was very impressed on the set up. The pictures on the website are exactly what you see at Sanctuary Cap Cana. The first night I got their friends and I ate at the Blue Marlin our server (Naury) was awesome and very polite. He took the time to get to know us and throughout our stay every restaurant we went to we was lucky to have (Naury) every time and every time the service was great!

Servers (Junior) along with (Eddy) at poolside and the beach they were always available and were very friendly their service was excellent anything you needed they were there to get it for you and me and my friends were very pleased.

The most fun and provided Excellent Service plus Entertainment would be (Teddy Bear). Teddy Bear always got everyone involved in activities especially aqua aerobics, meringue classes, Volleyball and the Rum tasting. The rum tasting I liked because it educated me on the different Rum Dominican Republic offered. After Rum tasting I purchased a couple of bottles to take back to the United States. All honesty if it was not for (Teddy Bear) and the rest of the Entertainment (Menor, Kyla) making my trip memorable and fun I would probably be board. I would definitely refer people to stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana. Two Thumbs up and great job I give to the staff!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Castle at Sanctuary was very nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you took, sharing your experience with our future guests.

It is an honor for us, read that you had a wonderful time with us, we are very glad to learn that you enjoyed the daily entertainment and the service provided from our staff. "Rocky Balboa", Naury, Keila,Menor, Teddy Bear and Junior will know about your recognition, thank you very much for mention them.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2013

At the Sanctuary, my husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary! The staff at the Sanctuary made sure our stay was 1st class! Keila was apart of the entertainment. After the first round of horseshoes, she was calling us by name and created a wonderful atmosphere of family. We met Rocky during a Spanish lesson, and he became our go-to-guy for any need that we may have had, which were few. Menor was everywhere, making our stay fun with his playful antics and great smile. Richard, Saul, and Caterina were all contributors in making our stay wonderful! As you can tell, for us, vacation was about relaxation and time together, and it was also about connecting with the staff and leaving a piece of ourselves with them! Thank you Staff of Sanctuary Cap Cana!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would first of all like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us and the rest of the T.A reviewers such an enthusiastic review!

We are overjoyed knowing that you fully enjoyed our beautiful resort. As for the staff members you have mentioned in your review, we will make sure to pass on your kind comments to all of them, whom i`m sure did everything out of love in order to make your stay unforgettable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sanctuary June18-25 and I can't say enough about how amazing this place was. I looked at every picture and review before we went ( I'm OCD:) and was still amazed by how beautiful the property was.
The staff was AMAZING! Everything we needed was taken care of immediately and with a smile, not that we needed much improvement. I miss hearing "my pleasure" now that we're home.The rooms were beautiful. We did asked to be moved from our first room because there was a large palm tree blocking our view and they accommodated us without hesitation.
The food was above and beyond what I've experienced at other hotels, especially all inclusive. Drinks were delicious and not cheap on the alcohol. I actually had to switch to beer because they were so strong sometimes.
The views at this place literally took breath away a couple of times.
The hotel is fairly quiet but you can be social if you choose. You can always get a drink but not the place to go if you're looking for a big party.We did a lot of excursions and had to be up early so this was actually good for us. If you're going on vacation to relax this place is perfect. The party scene is mostly during the day and dies down by about 10. There's a lull in the day between about 6 and 9 which we found to be nice because we could recover from our day at the pool before dinner. I could say a million more amazing things about this place but there's too many to even remember. We even met a couple who had been to various places in the Caribbean at least 20 times who said Sanctuary was their favorite place.On that note, things to know if you HAVE to complain ( if you can find something wrong in a place this amazing though I'm not sure where you would be happy)
occasional language barrier but nothing that you can't easily overcome if you make an effort, we ran into this very rarely, occasional sewer gas smell in the bathroom, the patio door was stuck a lot because of humidity, the pool bar and love bar shut down early if you're someone looking to party it up all night. The AC didn't get as cool as we're used to at home during the night
The Dominican people and the attention to detail at Sanctuary made our experience so great we may not be able to vacation anywhere else now. we can't wait to plan our trip back next year.

3 Thank ayame14r
Dear Guest,

Thank you for write your comment on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to learn that you had a wonderful vacations, it is a pleasure to read that you
enjoyed our facilities, the walk through our grounds and corridors and the service provided for our staff.

We truly appreciate your recommendation, our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests into memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

Folsom, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I spend 9 days here starting the 2nd week of June. We had the best time ever and will defiantly go back in the future. We met so many wonderful people from all parts of the world, that we went to dinner with and partied with in the main pool. The food was good, the service was good, the staff was amazing! Rocky Bell Boa, The Arrow, Bernardo, Carlos, Kayla and Margarita were just a few of our favorites that made our stay memorable. When we first arrived we were upgraded to a honeymoon Villa overhanging the ocean! Although it was not our honeymoon we enjoyed this villa tremendously! The grounds are truly amazing and the water absolutely beautiful. I was told it was being taken over by the Hyatt in November, I hope they don't change to much!

Room Tip: We saw many different rooms. The castle was amazing, our villla was amazing! Spend the extra money...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sanctuary Cap Cana at the beginning of June. From the moment that we arrived at the reception I knew I had chosen the right place. The grounds were absolutely stunning and we were greeted by friendly staff who eased us through the check in process.

We had two rooms, one was in the main building that we stayed for a day. It had an ocean view, but the view was a bit obstructed by the palm trees. The room itself was pretty awesome though. Had a nice lounge area that led out to the terrance. The room was pretty comfortable and clean.

The second room we stayed in was at the castle and I highly recommend booking the jr suite swim out room if possible. these rooms have a pool surrounding them that you can just jump in from the patio attached to your room. I spent many random times during the day and night just jumping in and lounging around. Room was very comfortable, I felt at ease and really never wanted to leave at that moment.

The restaurants are nice, there is everything from italian to steakhouse and even an asian restaurant. I particularly liked the restaurant that looked over the beach. Outdoor seating is available at all the restaurants I believe. Food was pretty good. A good place to lounge at is the piano love bar. By day it's a nice beach bar and at night they turn on the music and the dancing begins. one thing to note they have events every evening so read the sheet they leave in the bedrooms after it's clean. We saw traditional dominican dancing (which was fantastic) and celebrated with dominican dancers and dinner at one of the restaurants. It was really very well done.

The last item I want to mention is the service was brilliant. The hotel went out of their way to make sure that my wife and I were happy. A special thanks to Enrique who not only resolved one of issue we had wihtout issue but also went above and beyond to ensure we were 100% satisfied. My wife and I are very thankful for his assistance. I highly recommend the Sanctuary to anyone going to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: For activities in Punta Cana there is a person in the hotel who can help, but a lot of them you can...
1 Thank Winston S
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just came back from my vacation with my daughter. I have to say that from the moment the taxi drove us into the Cap Cana resorts, we felt that we had already walked into an exclusive resort. You feel like you're driving into some sort of castle. They welcome you in right away and bring you the drink of the day as you wait to check in. The location of our ocean view jr suite was close to the main building of the resort, especially to the pool. We never saw room service around the grounds but somehow our room was always spotless. We saw lots of couples and families but not single people. The mood is calm and the people working in the hotel are there to make you feel even more relaxed and comfortable. If you book all inclusive, you don't have to worry about anything. Starting from breakfast to lunch, to afternoon snacks and then dinner, and you'll gain weight by the end of the trip. This is not your usual cruise ship food, this is mostly seafood, meat, and very traditional dominican food if that is what you prefer. There was never a wait in any of the five restaurants and once again, the servers made your time there worthwhile. The grounds are beautiful!!! You need to walk around the entire resort to appreciate everything they have. I have to mention the beach is small but its clean and very private. You have to visit the Fortaleza and hear the noise from the artificial waterfalls falling into an inside pool.
I have to give a shout out to my favorite people of the trip and they were Johanna from he Love Bar, she was always smiling and dancing around as she brought you a drink. Marta and Margarita from the the pool and beach areas were the happiest ladies working under the sun that you would ever come across with. They didn't care how many times they had to walk back and forth to bring you a drink or whatever you wanted, always with a smile. Teddy Bear and Menor were the entertainment guys and they had lots of energy. The best part of them was that they didn't push you to participate in any of the activities they had planned for that day. If you were there to relax and just watch, they were ok with that too. My most favorite person was Mr. Julio Perez from the Steakhouse restaurant. Only one look from him and you fell in love. He was older than most of the other employees and was in a supervisory role. He made my daughter and I feel secure and I almost felt as if I was his daughter and he was taking care of me. He would wait for us in the morning with the biggest "Buenos Dias" and made our stay very wholesome. I have nothing but good things to say about this place, I would come back in a heartbeat if I could do it again.

Room Tip: My Junior Suite Oceanview was very close to the main building with the pools, beach and restaurants...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#88 of 111 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!