We originally booked a Honeymoon Room with a splash pool. When we arrived they had upgraded us to a Monarch Beachfront Villa. The room was VERY nice and spacious. There were a few technical problems the next morning which we addressed with Brenda at the desk. She was very friendly and helpful. I also told her my husband wanted to see the honeymoon room with the pool because he was looking forward to that. They didn't have any to show us and after telling Brenda some of the issues with the Monarch she spoke with her boss and they upgraded us to a Honeymoon Villa smack on the Beach. It was insanely gorgeous!!!!! The bathroom was half inside and out. Really a great design. I sought out Menor on the beach to tell him he's so well spoken on Trip Advisor and he was so nice. Also to note, was Teddy Bear. My Hubby played Volleyball with him on the beach and he really seemed to love his job.
Food: We ate Italian the first night. I got the Lasagna and my Husband the Risotta. It was fabulous. The Blue Marlin was great for lunch. Wok was decent as was the Steakhouse.
Excursion: We did the Cigar making tour of the Island. Sanctuary is pretty far and most of the afternoon was in an uncomfortable Jeep. The tour was great but it could be condensed into half the time.
Beaches and Pools: Everyone says the Beach was small but I thought it was absolutely perfect. The Pool with the Swim up bar at the resort was my favorite. Hint: Bring sunscreen and anything else you may need because the Gift Shop on property is extremely expensive!!!!!
Spa: Wait till they have a deal and come around the Beach. The prices are a lot higher than in the states for a massage. One note about this resort. The only disappointment. What looks like a Jacuzzi at the pool is not. They do not have a hot tub on property or in the Spa. It was raining our first night and we were so excited to get into the bubbly looking jacuzzi off the pool and it was cold. They do not heat it. A luxury resort like this should have a hot tub.
Overall, this hotel is amazing and extremely worth the price for all inclusive. I actually think they should charge more. I can't believe I said that but it is completely true for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort