My husband and I recently stayed at Sanctuary Cap 6/14-6/20/13. This is a double gated property that is 15 minutes from the airport and quite secluded from all the other hotels that are 35 minutes and a $90 round trip, taxi cab drive away, so if you are into the night life, shopping, this is not the spot for you. If you work hard need to unwind in a peaceful, serene setting, this is definitely a relaxing, rejuvenating experience.Front desk, concierge, bellmen all attentive. We stayed in a junior suite that has a partial view of the ocean. The room was spacious, king bed, sitting area, with TV separate walk-in clothes closet with drawers and a safe, and a slider to a veranda with wicker lounge chairs. Downside, room smelled musty. Room fridge only had beer and soft drinks. There are many room options, some have infinity pool inside, some are ocean walkouts but pricey. Big Papi from Red Sox rents out this hotel in Dec for his charity golf tournament. Beautiful grounds are sandwiched between 2 beaches. The hotel beach is small. Breakfast and lunch are buffets with average food, most of staff speak some English, few don't. Dinners were in 5 restaurants on property. Best was Tepanacki hibachi, Blue Marlin beautiful waterside dining, food, average, Carpacio Italian, was fair. Wok, Chinese good. Service good, staff attentive. Hotel was only at 30% capacity so we had an infinity pool to ourselves. Love bar low key. Downers: no cream for coffee, only 1 brand of Spanish red and white wine, premium brands cost extra, per bottle only, fruit flies on fruit/veg items on buffet. Don't take Caribbean Festival Cruise $90 to swim with sting rays and nurse sharks, only 3 stingrays, you hold for 1 picture, enclosed in steel fence. The ride there was an hour by the time you go to each resort and pick up drop off. In all, a relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort