“birthday celebration”

Ranked #40 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“birthday celebration”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Five women went to celebrate a big birthday. The hotel was really wonderful, great location close enough to airport. Beautiful property and wonderful beach. We had an all inclusive package and found that the value was incredible. Everyone wanted to make us very happy

Room Tip: Claudia Jimenez in reservations was very helpful and accomodating. Hector. the manager was wonderfu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank niki l
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. We want to guarantee a vacation that will be unforgettable, thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ignacio Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,284)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I from ohio wentwith another couple,never having been to Punta cana.we chose sanctuary because the pictures were like a postcard.Even better in person!the staff was so prompt and friendly,especially Menar,junior and carlos.The hibatchi grill was a blast and loved my morning smoothies.when we go to punta cana,will book sanctuary again!!loved it

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank martonek
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went with my husband and 8 years old son ... we had a great time!!! the food was excellent and the people go the extra extra mile to accommodate you and please you ... the concierge Marlenis is exceptional ... she really knows the meaning of customer service, reservations agent Edwin was very patient as i changed the reservation a couple of times. the hostess Rebecca is super nice , at the check in desk Mr Metz, mr. Enrique director of services ... well everyone there is exceptionally customer service oriented ... they even named a birthday table after my son : THE ZEN TABLE ... as we celebrated his 8th birthday there. The food was really good, breakfast with lots of various cheeses and frresh fruits ... the DOMINICAN NIGHT was supberb!!! .... i will go back soon.

Room Tip: all rooms are exceptionally clean and with a good view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lagardenia
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities, and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I will share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that our guest appreciates their service.

We look forward to see you soon at our Sanctuary!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Didn't want to return home from our trip to the DR which was from the 6th to the 10th of June. I remember driving up to the hotel and being in awe. The grounds looked lush and pristine, and we were greeted with a huge smiles from the workers.
Check-in went smoothly, and thanks to Alexander, we were upgraded to a castle room. Wow.....Spectacular....Unbelievable....Amazing...are just some of the words I would use to describe our room. The view was unfathomable and words would just not do it justice! The grounds/ pools were unbelievable. Drinks were flowing thanks to Carlos and Junior, and Menor was just a breath of fresh air with his engaging personality.
With regards to the food, I would highly recommend The Steakhouse, and the Wok. At the latter, we did the hibachi, which was a fun experience. Seafood night ....hmmm....could have been foregone but from what I heard, other couples gave rave reviews about the Dominican night! Wish we had done that but lacked time! Bummer!
All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for couples and people wanting to have a relaxing and tranquil time.

Room Tip: Ask for room 2053!
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Sanctuary Cap Cana for your past holiday.

We are pleased to read, that you have had a wonderful experience in our Resort and we are very glad to learn that since the beginning to the end of your stay, you have felt like a Queen.

I would like to thank you for the mention and recognition to our associates; they work very hard to please all our guests. All our team has the strong committed with all our guests in achieve the total satisfaction and always look for your wellbeing, we are very happy to read that, once again, we accomplish that goal with you during your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon in this your Sanctuary!

Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I have never been to the Dominican Republic but this place was absolutely amazing!!! We were very impressed with the quality of the drinks. We ate at every single place and enjoyed all of them. A lot of the food at the blue marlin was friend but the salmon there is absolutely amazing. The sushi restaurant was awesome and the hibachi was an awesome experience especially to meet new people since you were all at the same table. Overall we did not have one complaint. We spent most of our day in the pool with the swim up bar. While we were there Carlos and Junior were awesome. They were amazing bartenders and always were happy and energetic. They really made our day better.

Aro was awesome and funny, although I do not think this is the type of hotel for pool aerobics. This hotel had a lot of honeymooners and couples so people were looking to relax. The drinking games were fun though because it allowed us to meet couples throughout our stay.

We stayed in the junior suite and the room was absolutely amazing. It over looked the infinity pool and the ocean. With views like this I never wanted to leave. Overall I would recommend staying at this,hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Morgan P
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience at our Sanctuary, we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience and the service provided for all our staff. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Long Island City, New York, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I, and our two boys took a last minute family vacation for Easter. Wanting to get out of new york, a friend recommended this destination and this particular hotel knowing what a pain in the butt i am! For the first time in history i have nothing but positive things to say. Everyone, from the GM, to the housekeeping were extremely hospitable. The best thing that I could say, was that I kept looking for something wrong, but by the third day, I realized I was in paradise. One of the first things that impressed me, was the fact that the beach chairs were all set up in the morning, with the drink I had ordered the night before, one of the waiters had remembered I enjoyed it! The next thing that got me was how comfortable and how safe it was for my two boys. They had made friends with some kids at the pool, and they were so happy, and I was so comfortable because the staff had entertained them, and any mom can understand that! As the vacation progressed, it only got better. The food was on the mark every single time, not to mention the service. I wish half of the servers they had, were working in my restaurant in Queens, New York! In other words, if you're planning a trip to the Caribbean, I've been to many resorts, and Sanctuary is by far the BEST!
Mamma Gianna

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gianna C
Dear Guest,

We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff. We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, is for this motive that our team is always ready to go the extra mile; and it becomes a reward for us every time we read the wonderful reviews and mentions of our guests. I will share your feedback with the entire team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at this, your Sanctuary.

North Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went to the Sanctuary with four friends and had a terrific time! From the food to the servce to the accomadations. They have an all inclusive program with different restaurants, plus room service 24/ 7. The beach was beautiful with lounges, or thatched huts, plus service to bring either drinks or food.

Room Tip: depends on individual needs, some prefer close to the beach where other folks prefer more privacy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities, and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I will share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that our guest enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to see you soon at our Sanctuary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!