“10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY IN PARADISE!!!!”

Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Severn, Maryland
“10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY IN PARADISE!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and i just came back from a week vacation celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary at your resort and it was like HEAVEN on earth. Thank you so much for making this joyful celebration so special and so memorable. Every single staff member was always so nice and helpful. I will forever be thankful to everyone at Sanctuary Cap Cana for the exceptional and outstanding service. The food was DIVINE, the room was AMAZING and the resort just BREATHTAKING. Margarita at the pool bar was so friendly and loving all the time and willing to bring us everything we needed. Justo was Wonderful and always so friendly and pleasant. Victoria the room manager was so sweet and she made us feel like family. To EVERYONE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR all the love and the EXTRAORDINARYservice. My 10th wedding Anniversary celebration is an unforgetable one thanks to everyone at Sanctuary Cap Cana the MOST AMAZING RESORT in the World.See you guys very soon because we are already planning the next trip <3

4 Thank Evelyn C
Cory S, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana and Happy 10th Anniversary!

We are grateful for your kind comments about our property and our staff. We are delighted to learn that you had such a pleasant vacation with us, and that our hard working staff served you with excellence.

It would be our honor to receive your visit in the near future, and help you experience another memorable vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,199)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sanctuary Cap Cana was hands-down the most beautiful property we've ever seen. From the minute our taxi pulled up to the entrance, all we could say was, "Wow." It even SMELLED good. (When we walked into the lobby, my husband said, "It smells like they painted the walls with vanilla.") We had reserved an Ocean View Junior Suite, but they upgraded us to an oceanfront suite at check-in (thank you, Juan Carlos!). This suite was AMAZING; two levels, with the bedroom and master bath on the top floor. Floor-to-ceiling windows, so we could see the ocean and watch the sun rise from our bed. I don't think I've ever voluntarily woken up to watch the sun come up, but I did twice during our three-night stay. And the suite was TRULY oceanfront; the waves crashed under our deck. We only called room service a couple of times, but both times they were incredibly fast. So ... back to the property ... it was gorgeous at every turn. We took HUNDREDS of pictures of trees, flowers and water features; it was so well designed and perfectly planned. There were also swimming pools to suit every mood: 1) the main pool, which we dubbed the "party pool" because of its swim-up bar; 2) the sanctuary pool, which was a bit quieter and more relaxed; 3) the tranquility pool, which was a great spot to hang out and observe the entire property; and 4) the pool outside the Ocean Lounge (sports bar). Bernardo took good care of us at the swim-up bar! We spent most days going back and forth between the first three pools; we didn't even know there was a fourth pool until we stumbled across it on our second night! But it was a GORGEOUS spot to watch the sun set. We also spent one morning reading on the beach (small but private) and another morning reading in a cabana closer to the party pool. When we weren't lounging, we were eating! The food was delicious at every restaurant: we had the breakfast buffet at Casabella, lunch at Blue Marlin, and dinner at Capriccio and Wok. Another nice feature of the restaurants is that they were all unique in their design; no generic "you're in the tropics" decor. All in all, I can't say enough wonderful things about Sanctuary Cap Cana. We didn't want to come home, and we'll DEFINITELY be going back again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DaJo2003
On behalf of the Sanctuary Cap Cana Staff, we want to thank you for your kind remarks about our property and staff.

It is with great pleasure and honor that we service each of our guests to make their experience out of the ordinary. It is because of you, our valued guests, that we are driven to work with enthusiasm and warmth.

We certainly will be ready to welcome you back in the near future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is our third trip to the Caribbean this calendar year, however, our first ever to the D.R. The Sanctuary and its staff far exceeded our expectations in every possible way. Like the preceding review, we are also experienced travelers, but totally disagree with any of the negative comments left. The staff was "world class". The Friendliest people we've ever encountered. Every single employee of the sanctuary always had a big smile to greet you with, and were more than accommodating in every sense. The staff here is top-notch! The resort itself is gorgeous and meticulously maintained/manicured. There is a variety of accommodations suitable for every taste/budget. Also, it is pleasing to know that whatever your interest, be it peace and tranquility, or a fun group activity, there are options throughout the property whatever your mood-set. It never feels crowded (the pool, beach, OR the restraunts). There is always a spot open to grab a bite or drink, as well as room service around the clock. All-inclusive is really your best value as there isn't really anywhere close off the property otherwise. Food is "pretty-good" dining-wise. My fiancé and I have fallen in love with the sanctuary and its staff, and are already planning our next stay as we sit in the airport and write this review :)

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Miller-Walkers
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

We are truly glad that we were able to bring you a great vacation. At Sanctuary Cap Cana we take pride of our hotel`s beautiful scenery, but we take great pride of our staff efforts to please and create great experiences for our guests, even if it’s just with a big smile.

We look forward to host you again in the near future!
boca raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but I went with my gut feeling and the overall ratings instead of dwelling on the complaints. I'm SO HAPPY we went to the sanctuary. my husband and I wanted a romantic getaway from our 2 kids and thats exactly what we got. I had booked the oceanfront room but when we got there it was close to the pool and we found the music to be too loud for us. I went to the reception desk and spoke to Hector Alfaro who was incredibly accommodating and changed our room immediately... to a much better one.

We are not the sort that like to be in resorts with overwhelming towers of rooms. We like a place that has rooms that walk out into the beach with beautiful surrounding areas... and thats exactly what the Sanctuary is. The grounds are stunning with great landscaping. The resort is spread out and the architecture reminds me of british colonial times (other than the castle which is very modern).

Someone had mentioned that the food wasn't good- wow that could not be further from the truth! I am used to very good food and usually am not happy with the overall quality.. but the food at Sanctuary was SO GOOD!!! Blue Marlin menu was my favorite and we both were also very surprised by the quality of beef served (very good!)

The resort is in great condition. The rooms might be a lil older than you would expect but still very comfortable. If I had to reccomend a room it would be in the castle. We didn't stay there but I saw they had their own dip pool overlooking the ocean!!! WE spent a lot of time at the castle part of the hotel- got a great bar and since it is away from the main pool its a great spot to snuggle or read a book.

WE also checked out the Spa. We paid $20 each for the hydrotherapy circuit and loved it! You go from steam to cold shower, then the sauna and another cold shower and then you have access to another pool that is just for the spa.

I can't say enough about the incredible service!!! Marilyn was often our waiter and she was super nice and always made us laugh:) The only thing that need a bit of improvement was the desserts:)

Overall it was just what we wanted and we would recommend it to any couple that wants a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Castle rooms looked the best. Villas are incredible!!!
3 Thank shibani c
Sanctuary Cap Cana staff congratulates you on your special occasion! We are thrilled to learn that you had such a fabulous vacation. We thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your Anniversary getaway with us.

Our staff enjoys receiving such wonderful remarks from our valued guests. We will share your comments with all them, especially with Hector & Marilyn; they receive great joy when guests acknowledge their efforts to make their vacations special.

We hope we receive your visit back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The grounds of the resort were absolutely beautiful with great pools and plenty of chairs for all of the guests. However, we did have a few concerns that had the potential to ruin our stay. I should mention that we are not new to the all inclusive vacation, nor were we new to the Caribbean. First, we purchased the all inclusive package. Upon arrival, we were told what was NOT included in our all-inclusive package. They explained some food (lobster, steak) as well as liquor with dinner and bottle service would not be included. I didn't expect bottle service to be included, however, my gripe is that NO WHERE on the website (Expedia or Sanctuary) did it state that all-inclusive wasn't truly all-inclusive. That is unacceptable and a misrepresentation of what we bought. Second, in our previous all-inclusive we were not expected to tip at every turn and all inclusive meant that we could lock away our wallets and just enjoy ourselves. At this resort, the staff had their hand out every where we looked. It was frustrating and distasteful having spent a large amount of money on the all-inclusive package. Third, this resort offers and all-inclusive option and a non-inclusive option. This means that an all-inclusive individual still has to sign for every single thing they eat or drink, and, surprise! a space for a tip. Finally, the staff were often rude and unhelpful. Perhaps this is a cultural difference. Cultural or not, however, we won't be going back to the Dominican.

5 Thank Sarah G
Cory S, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us online. It’s regrettable to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

The experience that you have shared is far below what we would hope our guests to expect. We genuinely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Since undergoing new management we have directed our attention to areas that need most improvement.

We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you give us the chance to make it right. corrected and improved our hotel policies.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Sanctuary Cap Cana from April 6 thru the !2th 2013. It was for our 25th Anniversary. Everyone who reviews has different perceptions based on what they paid and what there expectations were, going in. We got the all inclusive plan and initially booked a Junior suite ocean view. We called the day before we left and they told us we were upgraded to a Ocean view Villa.
When we arrived at the airport it was a little long as our baggage was slow to arrive. We paid for our tourist card online before we left. That made it a little quicker. Otherwise no problem at the airport. When we got to our Hotel we were greeted with a fruity drink and cool towel which was nice.
I have to state 1 negative... we were upgraded to Villa 2048 and there is a DEFINITE sewer line problem in that area of the hotel. The toilet stunk bad and they tried to cover the smell with a flowery air freshener . I think I minded the air freshener more than the sewer smell. I immediately went to Metz at the front desk who said they could change my room tomorrow and they did.
That being said.... the rest of the week was pure paradise!
FOOD
My husband and I are foodies .. no question. 6 years ago we stayed in Punta Cana and I lost 5 pounds. The food was terrible. I was very apprehensive this time but to my delight we were happy with many delicious choices. OK soo all I got to say is GROUPER SANDWICH... I ate one everyday poolside. Conch chowder .... Amazing!!!! Lobster rolls ...Bang Bang shrimp....Red Snapper...All DELICIOUS... All at the Blue marlin.
Italian Restaurant appetizer Capprizza(potato and cheese) Arugula Salad. ...Lasagna..Delisioso!
Steakhouse ... French Onion Chorizo and Filet was good(Medium Rare)
Japanese we did not do Habachi. My Mongolian beef was good but on the salty side. My husband got the Wok stirfry and loved it!
Casa Bella
The Buffet was my least favorite but we are not buffet people.

Dominican nite is Sat. and Seafood Fest is Thursday...both good if you like buffet we preferred the sit down meal

The pool the beach all awesome. The ground gorgeous!. The best part for us was the pace very relaxed and low key. WE also would recommend The Blue Hole. 2$ taxi ten minutes away. A fresh water 40 foot deep blue water in a cave . Very safe at the Scape Park. 10$ to get in.

In Closing I would like to say thanks to Jesus... Bernardo and Metz very cool people. We miss u all already !I hope we can return soon!!!

10 Thank joesarah
Cory S, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, April 20, 2013

We are truly glad that we were able to bring you the best vacation. At Sanctuary Cap Cana we take pride of our hotel`s beautiful scenery and staff. We will take into consideration your feedback, it is our mission to improve everyday and exceed our valued guest’s expectations.

Thank you for your visit. We hope to host another vacation for you in the near future.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The grounds are beautiful and the view is impeccable. Upon arrival we were given glasses filled with yummy punch and cool scented towels. Our room was beautiful and on the door they even placed a cute banner with two cupids on either side stating "honeymoon". All the staff was extremely welcoming and tried very much to please. As far as the complaint of them not speaking English...when French or Spanish or German people come to the US on vacation they do not expect the staff to speak English so what right do I have to expect them to???? But, nevertheless, they all try hard and most of them understand clearly. I do recommend trying to learn a little spanish not only with they (the staff) be delighted to go above and beyond for you but it will trying add to the experience! On most days our room was cleaned in the mid afternoon and then if we came back in the evening they would check and and remake the room up. I thought this was an amazing service. Not once did I come back to a messy room. I left a 5$ tip the first night and everyday after that my clothes were folded and everything was restocked in perfect order. The drinks...amazing! Also, I must say I didn't not eat at one place were the food was not impeccable and fyi I do suggest all inclusive. At the steakhouse I enjoyed skirt steak, tenderloin, and tuna! The Asian restaurant has great Hibachi and the Blue Marlin was just amazing! The waiting staff was impeccable compared to most international service. We were upgraded to a villa which was beautiful! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this resort! Go there and keep in mind patience and relax! You are in a country that is the the US so keep that in mind things are done differently. Also a few more things to note...everyday they leave a program for you and tell you of the activities they have including poker, a bon fire, and aerobics! Shuttles to the Casino which as a night club across the street is free and goes till 3am. And the pools are never overcrowded! This resort truly gave us the most beautiful honeymoon imagined! I loved this resort and plan on returning next year!

Room Tip: Pay extra and get an amazing room!
4 Thank sshakky
Sanctuary Cap Cana staff congratulates you on your special occasion! We want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your honeymoon getaway with us.
We are thrilled to learn that you had such a wonderful vacation.

Our staff enjoys receiving such wonderful remarks from our valued guests. We will share your comments with all them; they receive great joy when guests acknowledge their efforts to make their vacations special.

Sanctuary Cap Cana wishes you a happy and long lasting marriage. We hope we receive your visit back soon, perhaps before your 1st anniversary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 110 in Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,206 reviews

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol? Share your experiences!