Our family - my husband, daughter, and myself spent four glorious nights here (February 19-22). We upgraded to a Monarch Villa that had an astounding view of the sea, palm trees waving in the foreground. We even had our own pool. The villa was perfect for us. Our sixteen-year-old had her own bedroom and bath, as did we, and we shared a comfortable living and dining area. We left our villa only for meals (breakfast is great), and to work out in the exercise room. The staff is incredible. Each day they re-stocked our mini-fridge, and greeted us warmly at every restaurant.
The biggest weakness is the food. It's plentiful but not fabulous.
And a warning on the souvenir shop across from the main lobby - - there are no prices advertised on the merchandise but the proprietor asks that you choose several items and then he will "price" them for you. My daughter chose a half inch turtle and another item that the owner priced at $87.00 US dollars. When I laughed and asked if that was pesos, he changed it to $60.00 US. I declined and he was somewhat abusive as we left the shop. He also insisted that several of the carvings, which were all of the same image, were several hundred years old. We felt somewhat sullied by that experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort