The resort is gorgeous, immaculate at that but it is shorted by its food, service and lack of enthusiasm.
We stayed in the castle, which was wonderful and quiet. Like many others we booked through Orbitz only to arrive and find out we did not have a all-inclusive package which Orbitz advertised for. Still trying to resolve the issue. not cool.
our room was ready when we arrived-take note check in is at 3pm.
language is an issue as mentioned numerous times. but its almost as if they are not interested in helping-for the most part, few exceptions.
concierge is super helpful, but have patience (caribbean time)
the pools are lovely and beach was pleasant, though service at these areas=sparse. most likely bc everyone is all-inclusive and most people do not tip (why would you if the service is poor?)
the food (ha!) was the most difficult part for us. if you have dietary restrictions/allergies be extra extra careful. buffet breakfast and lunch are best (sadly). the wok is good, steakhouse-okay (an option for an appetizer are onion rings?), blue marlin and room service were hit or miss. You never know what you were going to get and after being exhausted from the sun all day the last thing you want to do is try to explain that you received the wrong thing to someone just saying "no".
ex: room service
ordered: linguine and crushed red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes with fresh garlic and oil
delivered: buckwheat noodles in butter with very dark almost burgundy colored sun-dried tomatoes.
ordered: vegatarian wrap: dominican avocados, cheese, sprouts, tomatoes
delivered: wrap with cheese, peppers, onions
(oh and I am allergic to peppers)
ordered lobster spring roll
delivered: no lobster
ordered: steak salad
delivered: cobb salad (swimming in olive oil)
Ocean Club (at the Castle) is beautiful- although they have a pre-made salad and turkey sandwich-only good for drinks.
what's good: salads, bread, breakfast, beef tenderloin, rice, cheese, desserts, drinks straight up/on the rocks. Be careful most of the drinks on the menu are super sweet.
we began to laugh about the food and tried to guess what they would mix up next, which is terrible considering the money we sent on the trip.
nightly entertainment was minimal, but the fire show one night was great.
strange that they advertise for a casino and have signs for it, and mention it is not included in AI but actually there is no casino.
golf was amazing $2 each way to punta espada
reef explorer was great too- 5hrs. of snorkeling with nurse sharks and sting rays/massage/kayaking/paddle board, 20 minutes away.
did not see kayaks or any water activities at the hotel which they advertise for-- but bocce, horseshoes, and volleyball were a constant.
room service does not come until late afternoon
the spa was lovely. staff lovely. treatments were great. its a must!
we did a private dinner on the beach which I recommend-- the food was actually okay (because we paid extra)
do not got to the cigar shop-he will rip you off--buy cigars from the pool
The resort definitely has potential, the place is amazing, but needs new management and chef and they will be good to go. we would return if the food improved and the staff was a little more interested in their jobs and didnt just look at you like youre crazy.
I write few reviews, but I wish I had listened to the them. Everything in these reviews are true!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Jetsetter, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort