Research & Booking:
We looked a lot of resorts for our honeymoon before settling in on this one. The numerous positive reviews on trip advisor drew us to this particular resort, and true to the reviews, it was a lovely resort. We booked the junior oceanfront room, but later upgraded to a Monarch Oceanfront Villa for a little extra.
The view of the ocean from our bedroom was breathtaking and it was really convenient to have direct access to the beach from our patio. During the night we spent some time on the lounge chairs in the patio gazing at the stars and listening to the waves. It was a truly relaxing vacation in a lovely resort.
The restaurants were all pretty good, although not all of them were open everyday. Casa Bella was open for breakfast everyday and the food there was pretty good. We were served fresh juice every morning at breakfast and there was an omelette bar, which was our favorite. Blue Marlin had great views and awesome food. Hibachi at The Wok hibachi was delicious. We saw the Superbowl at the Love Bar, it’s a good place to hang out after dinner.
The service was great and all the staff was very friendly. They did everything they could to make our stay pleasant. All of them spoke/understood English and they were very prompt in getting us whatever we had asked for. On the very first day at the resort, we had asked for coconut water and our server went over to the pool area and got us fresh coconuts from the tree.
Resort, beaches and pools:
The resort was not crowded and there was plenty of space for everyone to lounge on the beach. There were plenty of activities planned everyday, but not many people took part in them due to low occupancy. All the beaches (2 in the resort and awesome Juanillo beach right next door) were really good, with turquoise waters. We rented kayaks at Juanillo beach, which were complimentary to anyone staying at Sanctuary Cap Cana. Although there was a little seaweed, it was raked and removed everyday. We did not have a problem with the amount of seaweed around and it did not bother us from swimming in the ocean. The pools were pretty empty too and on most days we would have the whole pool to ourselves. This is a great resort if you are looking for a relaxing time and a lot of privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort