Let me qualify myself by saying my husband and I have done about 20 all inclusives in the Caribbean - always five star or better and 5 cruises also 5 star so I guess what I am trying to say is I am not easily impressed. This trip was truly amazing with only a few minor flaws.It was not without a good deal of research that I choose SCC. Last year we stayed at Zoetry in Mexico so I originally was going to stay at Zoetry in Punta Cana but after talking to many people on facebook and following Trip Advisor chose SCC ...best decision ever. We booked an oceanview junior suite but were kindly upgraded to a Honeymoon suite oceanfront with a plunge pool. We hardly ever left the room as the view was absolutely stunning from our huge deck....the grounds are immaculate and the whole resort is just so peaceful. We were there Jan. 28-Feb. 4 and it was less then half full. I just can't understand why??? The Blue Marlin and the Italian restaurants were our favorites because they were both outside with great views. Not so fond of the steak house as it was inside and overall the food was good but not great. (if you want great food go on a cruise) The Casa Bella for breakfast was really good with lots of papaya and passion fruit and great omelets. We also has a romantic dinner on the beach and this was truly well worth the $99 US.This meal included a bottle of champagne. I even invented my own drink instead of Mimosas I had champagne with passion fruit juice ...delicious.The house wine from Argentina was awful but when I mentioned it the next day to Enrique I had a couple of of other options for the rest of my trip and generally I found any minor issues I had were taken care of promptly. My go to person was Enrique and he was extremely helpful. The biggest issue I had was a number of the wait staff had very poor English and this was quite frustrating at times. I cannot comment on the night life as we did not go. This hotel is not for everyone as it is very quiet but was perfect for us as we had an amazing holiday and will definitely be returning. Thanks again to Enrique and all the staff for making this holiday perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort