Well, what can we say – what a luxurious resort! From the moment we arrived and was greeted by Hector, the Front Desk Manager, we knew we made the right decision in choosing Sanctuary for our 12 day getaway.
The layout and the architecture of the hotel is absolutely beautiful - very well thought out (must have been a women who designed it !) – lots of little quiet spots to do nothing but relax. The landscaping is gorgeous –I am sure it is a lot of work to maintain it. They do a wonderful job.
All of the restaurants and bars were open for our stay. We enjoyed every meal we had. We also used room service and didn’t have an issue with that. They went above and beyond with the little things. For instance – when we ordered a Cappuccino – they actually ground the coffee fresh for you --- anytime we asked for ketchup; it came from a chilled drawer rather than an old bottle….its these type of things that really make a difference in a place.
We were lucky enough to stay in the Imperial Suite – room 3038 – which is a two level room in the Castle with an outdoor private pool. The room is huge and comes with a beautiful ocean view. The maid service was excellent. Each evening we came back – our bed either had flowers or decorative towel art on it. We never had a problem with needing towels or anything in our room. On our 2nd day we noticed that we had two light bulbs out. Within a half hour they were replaced. The only thing I could add about the room is to perhaps polish the furniture to bring back the shine in the wood - other than that we were very impressed.
We would spend the first half of the day on the beach . . . then move up to the pool area after lunch. For those who complain about the seaweed --- it is a beach and that is where seaweed comes from. It wasn’t an issue for us. We also walked over to La Playa Juanillo a few times. It is located next door – it is a larger beach area and usually almost deserted. The weather during our stay was excellent.
We loved the fact that there wasn’t any loud music streaming through the pool area. There were activities you could do if that type of thing interests you --- volleyball – rum tasting --- ping pong –dance and Spanish lessons etc – however they didn’t force it on you. All in all – it is a low key place both day and night. So if you are looking for a lot of loud action – I do not suggest Sanctuary for you .
All of the staff, from past and new, presented themselves very well. They were professional in every way. We did not encounter any problems with anyone. They went out of their way to assist you. We did not want for anything. One day we lost a pair of new Oakley Sunglasses. We figured for sure they were gone. We went to the lost and found – and they were there. This certainly says it all about the staff. I would say they are the most friendliest and welcoming people of the Caribbean.
For those who comment negatively about the staff – you have to remember that you are their guests. A lot of them do not speak fluent English – they are from a Spanish speaking country. So do not be so shallow. If you want to hear perfect speaking English people – then stay in an English speaking country.
The hotel has a new Management Team. As long as they continue to be present – then Sanctuary will remain a beautiful romantic destination.
We absolutely loved the place – we have traveled all over the Caribbean – and Sanctuary is the type of place we search for. So go and let your tension be carried away with the tide .
Wishing the entire staff a Happy and Healthy New Year !
Juanito and Juanita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort