I stayed here for a 4 day site selection trip, whereby I'd be reviewing the hotel for what it can offer a group of guests. I stayed on a Beach One Bedroom Villa, Room 1002. Although it's a BEAUTIFUL hotel with an outstanding location, it lacks customer service. The hotel is in management transition and may be one of the main reasons the personnel is less than accommodating. Although friendly, the staff doesn't respond well to customer complaints. They are very defensive vs. trying to solve your problem - which can be anywhere from lack of hot water, dissatisfaction with room, etc. If you can look past this, the resort is a perfect place to do absolutely nothing for days ... the perfect getaway. If you're someone who likes to do alot of things while on vacation, they are all available, but from other vendors through the concierge. Five onsite restaurants offer anywhere from seafood to sandwiches in informal settings, but they are not all open at the same time. The seafood at the Blue Marlin was okay - not outstanding .... the highlight was the calamari appetizer, which I ordered twice. I liked my steak dinner in the steakhouse very much which is weird because you'd think seafood would be better given that it's readily available. Breakfast is the same daily, but offers lot of variety. The rooms are adequate, but in need of renovations. The sanctuary is a quick 15 minutes from the airport. The spa, however, is considered one of the best in the caribbean! Let's hope new management gives this property a lift!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort