I will start with the many positive attributes and then just a few negatives. Let me start by saying that Sanctuary Cap Cana has spectacular views!!! Every time we left our room i was taking beautiful pictures of the sea, palm trees, pools and the buildings and grounds. My husband and i were here celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary and it was very romantic and secluded location. It really does look like all the pictures. The food in restaurants(Steakhouse, Blue Marlin and Casa Bella) and room service were all very good as well as the service. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The main pool is very clean, plenty of towels and lounge chairs, great views and perfect water temp. We stayed in the castle room 1044 , it's swim-out room. We booked oceanfront but they gave us this one and decided not to change it because it really was very nice and romantic. I mention the room # because the way this patio is situated it actually has the best view. The pool is a bit chilly but it did not stop us from enjoying it and there are steps that lead you out to a beautiful deck and Juanillo Beach.The beaches were not what i expected...i was looking for white sand with crystal clear water...these are not that. They are very rocky and a bit milky in shallow water. Ok now the reasons why i only gave 4 out of 5 stars...The smell in our castle room was very musty..all the time. I had to wash my clean unworn clothes when i got home because they smelled of an old basement. When taking a shower we had to run the water 15 minutes just to get it slightly warm. There were unexpected critters in our room everyday. So although there were a few things that were not what i expected from a 5 star resort I would still say that we a had a wonderful vacation and the views alone are enough to make me want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort