Stayed here in June 2011. First of all overall this is a very nice hotel. We started out in the basic room which is just that, very basic, nothing special for the overall price. We decided to upgrade to a better room in the tower and were told they had an indoor jacuzzi. There was an indoor pool but it never got warm. We asked several times what was going on as there seemed to be no controls to turn it on, only when we left did someone tell us that it was originally designed to be a jacuzzi but they could never get them to work, but since it was inside and out of the sun, the water was ice cold and useless. This was the hiccup I was referring to but after several months and persistence from our travel agent, we did get our money back which I think shows the overall quality of this place to be excellent.
So for a more general review:
Food; overall good, but could be a bit hit or miss. This is an all inclusive so i never expect the food to be overwhelming, but it was overall good quality. favorite was the italian restaurant.
Service: very good, an occasional language barrier but I dont care about that as I am in their country. Everyone tried there best. Only complaint was service could be slow at main pool bar for a drink
Grounds: absolutely beautiful, beach really isnt a beach , but the public beach right next door is wonderful;
Night life; very low key, everything kinda dies down after 10,
Overall if you are looking for a nice quiet adult get away you cant do wrong here, next time we are going to stay at hard rock just because we like more night life options. We stayed at paridisus palma real last time and this hotel was very comparable, each had it pluses and minuses over the other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort