My wife and I enjoyed our honeymoon here for 7 days. Prior to arriving I was very skeptical of the new management since we had originally booked our reservation via Secrets. However, once I learned that Secrets wasn't willing to provide us with any additional compensation or perks to potentially switch to one of their other resorts (which none of them appealed to us) I realized it was better off that Secrets lost the management contract because they clearly didn't care enough about customer service.
I emailed back and forth with the new management, and not just the staff at the hotel, I was communicating with senior management for the company regarding our stay and ensuring all of our originally booked details (all-in-inclusive and honeymoon package) were included because the last thing I wanted was additional charges when we checked out. The management was incredibly helpful and prompt with their responses. My wife also has a celiac and cannot have anything with gluten in it. I was directly communicating with the head chef, Pascal, ahead of time and when we arrived we met both Pascal and the sous-chef to ensure every meal would not provide any problems to us. They were extremely accomodating.
As for our room, we originally booked the Castle Junior Suite Swim Out...however, when we were taken to our room we were extremely surprised to have been upgraded to the Imperial Suite. I can thank the Chief Concierge, Jarlin Gonzalez, for taking extra care of us. The room was incredible. At little extra cleaning was needed in the bathroom but when we made the call (for any service) we always received a quick response.
The food for an all-inclusive was definitely better than what you expect. The staff was extremely helpful and took good care of you. We always kept a few singles on hand to tip the staff when we felt it was warranted. The pools are incredible and there isn't a bad view in the place.
We'll definitely visit again. We'll also try to bring some friends with us as we know we would have even more fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort